Family Ties, Part Two

This picture is of Victoria from the Young and the Restless 😊

The next morning, Killian, Emma, and Anna Elizabeth were walking along the crowded sidewalks. Since it was only a ten-minute walk to Newman headquarters, Killian and Emma didn't see the point of trying to hail a cab. Unfortunately, that also meant making sure Anna Elizabeth didn't get mowed over or lost because she was distracted by all the people, buildings, and lights of the Big Apple. Even though she had already seen quite a bit of the city the last two days, she was still mesmerized by it. Thankfully, she thought a piggy back ride sounded like fun, so she was excitedly pointing out everything right in Killian's ear.

When they arrived at the 20 story Newman Towers, Anna Elizabeth's eyes roamed up the building as she said, "Victoria works here?"

"Yes. She helps her father run his company from in here," Emma answered, her eyes following her niece's.

Killian let Anna Elizabeth down off of his back, taking a hold of her hand before doing the same with Emma.

"You ready, love?" he asked.

Emma took a deep breath and answered, "As ready as I can be."

Killian squeezed her hand in reassurance before they stepped through the glass double doors.

They arrived at Victoria's open office door after what was an excruciatingly long elevator ride. There was a pit of nervousness in Emma's stomach - the last time she had been this nervous is when Killian showed up on her doorstep in Boston two-and-a-half years ago. As she looked over to meet those ocean blue eyes of his, she saw love, caring, and reassurance. She knew she would be okay.

The three of them stepped into the office and was met with Victoria's back turned toward them, typing away at a computer. Her long brown hair, with blonde streaks running through it, reached below her waist. Emma took a deep breath before she said, "Victoria?" When Victoria turned toward them, they were met with blue eyes and a kind smile.

She got up from her chair and walked over to them and turned her attention to the recently discovered member of her family, "You must be Emma. I'm so glad to meet you in person."

"You too, Victoria," Emma began before gesturing toward the two people with her and introducing them, "This is my husband, Killian and our niece, Anna Elizabeth."

Victoria smiled at them before she said, "Why don't you all have a seat, and we can get started on why you're here."

As the three of them walked the short distance across the office, Emma whispered to Killian, "She doesn't waste any time."

"Must run in the family," Killian teased back.

When they had all sat down, with Anna Elizabeth perched in Killian's lap, the small blonde turned her attention to Victoria and said, "You're pretty, Victoria."

Victoria smiled at the little girl and said, "Thank you, Anna Elizabeth. You are pretty, too."

Anna Elizabeth replied, "Thank you. Uncle Killian and Aunt Emma say I look like my mommy. She's in heaven with my daddy," obviously not understanding the weight of her words.

Killian and Emma shot Victoria an apologetic look to which the blonde-streaked brunette gave a look of understanding in return.

Victoria then noticed the paper in Anna Elizabeth's hand and asked, "What do you have there, Anna Elizabeth?"

The small blonde had evidently forgotten she had it with her as a confused look overtook her features until she looked down, "Oh! I colored you a picture, Victoria," as she handed the picture to its recipient.