Big News

Emma woke up to the sound of the alarm on the bedside table. She turned it off and rolled back over to be met with stunning blue eyes.

"Good morning, love," Killian said.

"Good morning, Killian," Emma replied.

Killian smiled at her before he asked, "Didn't you say you would drop off Anna Elizabeth at school?"

"Yeah. The school is right across from the doctor's office," Emma answered.

"And you're sure you don't want me to go with you, Swan?" Killian asked with worry filling his eyes.

"I'll be fine, Killian. You have to go to work. Besides, it's probably just a cold," Emma told him.

"You've been sick for a week, love," Killian pointed out.

Emma only smiled at him before she said, "You worry too much."

"You're my wife. It's my job to worry about you," Killian said before stroking her cheek then rolling out of bed to get dressed.

Within thirty minutes, Killian and Emma were both ready for the day. Killian had to leave earlier than usual for work, so he planted a quick kiss on Emma before heading out the door. When he was gone, Emma went to go wake their niece.

Emma walked into Anna Elizabeth's pink room and knelt down beside the head of the bed.

"Anna Elizabeth? Wake up, kid. You have to get ready for school."

Anna Elizabeth rolled over on her back and pushed the curls out of her face before she sat up. She wiped the sleep from her eyes before she questioned, "Isn't it Fun Day, Aunt Emma?" Fun Day was an event that the school had on the last day before summer vacation. They rented jumping houses, carnival games, and lots more fun activities for all of the kids.

"Yes, it is. So, you better get ready. You don't want to miss anything," Emma answered as she ruffled Anna Elizabeth's curls. Anna Elizabeth nodded excitedly before practically leaping out of bed to find her clothes.

As soon as she was dressed, Anna Elizabeth came to sit at the kitchen table and started eating the bowl full of Fruit Loops. As she did, she looked around the house before she swallowed and asked, "Aunt Emma, where's Uncle Killian?"

"He had to go into work really early today," Emma answered.

"Oh, ok," Anna Elizabeth replied before she asked another question, "When are we going fishing?"

"Soon, I promise," Emma told her with a smile. The small blonde smiled back at Emma before she resumed eating.

As soon as Emma and Anna Elizabeth got in Emma's yellow bug, she grabbed Emma's CD case and began flipping through it. She furrowed her brows together and then asked, "Aunt Emma, where's the Disney CD?"

"Um," Emma began before it hit her, "You brought in inside to listen to, remember?" as she started the car and backed out of the driveway.

"Oh, I remember," Anna Elizabeth answered as she turned her eyes downcast. Seeing this, Emma said, "Hey, you can still sing the songs. I'm pretty sure you know all the words to them." As much as Emma wanted to laugh, she really couldn't because it was true.

Anna Elizabeth perked back up at that and immediately dove into "Be Our Guest" from Beauty and the Beast. She hadn't even got halfway through the song when they arrived at the school.

Anna Elizabeth slid out of Emma's car before she turned around and said, "Bye, Aunt Emma!"

"Bye, Anna Elizabeth. Have fun at school," Emma replied just before the seven-year old shut the door and ran toward the double doors at the front of the school with her blonde curls bouncing behind her.