SIX

Medicine rests upon four pillars - philosophy, astronomy, alchemy, and ethics

  Medicine rests upon four pillars - philosophy, astronomy, alchemy, and ethics. ~Paracelsus

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kimber woke up in the boot of a car.

"Hey! Let me out!" She yelled as she slammed her hand on the roof multiple times.

Gold specks flickered from her hand and transferred onto the roof but not enough so that she was able to break anything.

She closed her eyes and when they opened they were a vibrant green.

She reached her hand and touched the roof of the boot.

Her hand slid through and she placed it on the outside part of the boot and stuck her other arm out as well.

She pressed her hands down firmly and pulled herself up and out of the car boot to see that she was in the forest.

She pulled her legs out of the boot and then collapsed.

She gasped and heard footsteps.

She looked around hurriedly before getting up and running into the trees and climbing up one.

After she climbed onto a branch she tried to steady her breathing as footsteps stopped under the tree she was in.

"Is anybody out here?" She heard a female voice say.

"Val, I don't think there is." A male voice replied.

"There are gold footprints and hand prints leading right to this tree Derek." The woman named Val replied.

"Val, you're just hearing things." Derek replied.

"No I'm not!" Val yelled back which startled Kimber and she fell out of the tree and landed on her back.

"Holy Helhound!" A red haired woman who Kimber assumed Val was yelled.

"Hi." Kimber groaned before she blacked out from pain.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kimber woke up on a couch.

"Oh thank Odin you woke up." Val said as Kimber sat up.

Kimber's eyes glowed emerald green and the couch started turning gold.

Val started backing up.

"DEREK!" Val yelled and Derek arrived shortly after.

Derek shifted slightly and Kimber flinched and the gold retreated back.

"You're an Alchemist." Derek said to her.

"Please don't hurt me." Kimber said in response.

"Hey, we aren't going to hurt you." Val said to her.

"I was locked in a car boot! How can you not expect me to react the way I am!" Kimber replied.

"Then how did you get out?" Val asked.

"I'm not allowed to say. It breaks the rules." Kimber replied.

"Can I at least give you a ride home?" Val queried.

"As long as you don't try and kill me." Kimber shot back.

Val smiled and then led Kimber to the car.

Kimber got in and Val sped off.

"Address?" Val asked.

"22 acre street." Kimber replied.

"The Black house?" Val questioned.

"White house actually. It's changed to White house since my family moved in." Kimber replied.

The rest of the car ride was in silence.

They arrived at Kimber's home and Kimber got out.

"Thanks for helping me." Kimber said to Val.

"No problem. I gotta go." Val replied before speeding off.