Chapter 28- Mr. Vander

I stare down at Chelsea's lifeless body in Ryan and Kara's arms. How awful it must be to lose your youngest daughter. It should have been me, but Chelsea saved me. I've never met a more courageous person. The fire burned in her eyes, until the life went out of them.

  The priest starts up again on that Saint Michael's prayer. I don't listen and Abigail doesn't either.
  "You monster. How could you kill your own niece?"
  "She wasn't supposed to die, you were."
"And that makes it better?! I don't think so."
  I'm so angry right now that I could spit. I go up to Father and grab the Holy Water from his hands.
  "God casts into hell Satan. . . Mike what are you doing?"
  "Father, let me finish this. I'm the only person that Abigail listens to."
  He looks at me for a minute, considering what to do.
  "Mike, I don't think that's a good idea."
  "Father, I have to do this for Chelsea. She entrusted me with her quest."
"Fine, but the moment this goes south I'm intervening."
"I'll agree to that."
Father, hands me the Bible. "Good luck."
He then proceeds to head over to the breakfast bar. I forget about the priest and turn  around to face Abigail.
  "Are you done chit-chatting with that mean old priest?"
I respond by flicking Holy Water at her face. She howls and writhes to the floor in pain.
  "Why are doing this to me?"
"I think you know the answer to your question."
  "I know Chelsea showed you the video. She told me that you didn't l-love me anymore."
Buckets of tears start to fall from her eyes. I don't feel remoarse for her. She shouldn't be crying over me, but Chelsea.
  "Why don't you love me?" Abigail whispers.
   It was time to tell Abigail about Carol. Maybe it would help her move on. Maybe it would pump her up with bitterness.
   "Abigail, from the moment I saw you I fell in love. I wanted to marry you, and start a family, but all that changed the night you were murdered. My hopes and dreams were ripped out of my heart. I told myself that I would never fall in love again, but I was wrong. Around November a new secretary was hired at the school. We started off just by being friends, but now I'm starting to have feelings for her."
   "Who is this girl? Do I know her?"
I want to tell Abigail that it's know of her business, but that would be rude. Isn't calling her a monster rude? I just don't know anymore. Abigail, has always had the affect of toying with my mind.
  "Are you going to answer me?!" Abigail asks raising her voice.
  I take a few steps back. "Don't walk away from me!"
  Before I know what's happening, the Holy Water and Bible fall out of my hands, and I'm being thrown into the air. When I finally feel myself slowing down, my back and head hit hard against a wall. Abigail, charges at me with something sharp in her right hand. As I get a closer look, I notice that the object is a knife, the same one with Chelsea's blood on it. Where the heck is the priest? I glance over my shoulder and notice that the priest is fast asleep at the breakfast bar. Oh great, I'm just going to die here. Chelsea's parents are to shocked to do anything. No, I'm not going to die here. Chelsea, saved my life for a reason.
"Answer my question!" The knife is aimed at my heart.
"Put the knife down." Her grip tightens around it.
"Answer the question!"
"Her name is Carol King and she's from Cincinnati, Ohio. Please, drop the knife."
She doesn't drop it. In fact, it ends up closer to my heart.
"Abigail, you don't have to do this. Two wrongs don't make a right. If you  kill me, you'll be just as bad as Teresa. I know you weren't always like this. You turned me soft and inspired me to become a teacher."
   Abigail, lowers the knife. "You're right, I don't have to kill you. I don't know what happened to me. I guess I just got carried away. I'm ready to move on now. Maybe in Heaven I can find some cute angels."
   Wow, I can't believe that I said something that stuck with her. It took Chelsea's death for it to happen. The quote: "The pen is mightier than the sword" is definitely true.
  "How do you move on?" I ask.
"I've had the power within me to do it all this time. I just wasn't ready to move on yet."
  Abigail channels all her energy into making a portal between Heavan and Earth. Little by little the light gets brighter and brighter. I have to shield my eyes. Abigail, walks slowly towards the light. She then turns to look at me one more time.
  "Goodbye, Mike."
  "Goodbye, Abigail."
She gives me a half smile and takes off running towards the light. I blink my eyes and the light is gone. My head starts to spin as my vision starts to blur.