"Holy crap!" The quiet nature hanging amongst the criminals for once was filled with my howls of pain. "You know, Wells, a simple 'no' would've been appropriate."

→←

When Wells inquired no help-he wasn't kidding.

I haven't gotten to the building portion of the fire yet because I'm too busy digging up the ring that goes around it.

"Where's the fire?" Through the sweat rolling down the sides of my face, I looked up to see Bellamy in steady aggravation. His brows were furrowed, lips pinned straight, and hands on his hips while he awaits for an explanation.

"Don't you see me building it?"

"I see you chucking at dirt for what's been half an hour." He scoffed. "It's getting dark and I don't even see any wood."

How is this possible? He's actually taking the fun out of setting things on fire. I never thought I'd come across such a buzzkill.

"I'm making a dip so fire is less likely to kill the whole camp while we sleep. Is that okay with you?" As if I need someone to tell me how to build a fire. That's the funniest thing I've heard since we've touched down on this planet. "So how about you stop complaining and help me shovel instead, yeah?"

My arms are aching, my legs are weak in the knees, and I might pass out from the uneven breaths, but I'm determined to create the biggest campfire. Big enough, that if you squinted you'll see it from the ark itself.

That's the dream anyways.

Bellamy studied my face, and feeling as he realized I'm in no condition to joke with he sighed before snatching the shovel from my grip which I am more than happy to release.

As he takes over the preparations, I gathered the loads of bark Wells and I retrieved. With every log I reached for, putting and arranging their places in the pit, the more calloused my palms became. It's now home to dozens of splinters, cuts, and a whole field of determination.

But I think it's safe to say I've never built a fire this large in my life. Standing at around six feet wide and stretched nearly eight feet tall; A beauty like this is meant to be treasured.

Bellamy stood by my side, his chest rising and collapsing with dirt smeared on his face somehow.

I chose a leaf off the ground after pulling my lighter from my pocket and flicking the top open. With a push of my thumb, a small flame came to life in all of it's glorious heat.

A sight worth staring at all day.

Dragging the tip of the leaf over the flame, I  watched as it began to turn charcoal black and shrivel. My sacred light was stashed away into my pocket once more and I used my free hand to cup around the leaf. I blew on It ever so gently-despite feeling like my lungs are about to fail-and broke into a grin at the gaze of smoke swirling above our heads. Then I tossed it into the log pile.

Everyone who stood nearby watched me intently like what I did was some sort of witch craft and I was the most entrancing witch they've ever encountered. Bellamy made an expression that'd leave someone to believe he was thinking intently. So concentrated on his thoughts he might pop a vein.

The silence was gone the minute bigger flames erupted from the creases of the bark as they deemed it a time to burst into cheers and chants.

I haven't seen people so captivated since I set the infamous fire that finalized my time in lock up. Can't be too sure but I think this is the first my generation has ever seen a fire this big.