27. I Could Sing You A Song

Start from the beginning

It was huge, and even that was an understatement, Jaime and I spent about thirty minutes deciding where tables would go and what would be the dance floor, we would be sitting, of course, apart from everyone else, the dance floor between us and our guest.

We pointed out where the DJ would be and were we would place the bar for our friends who like to party. Needless to say, we were sold in the first forty minutes of being inside this place.

We followed Jill to the main office and went over all the legal agreements, how many people were coming, and where the seating would be so the organizers would know when they went to decorate the morning of.

Once we finished going over all the plans we got to sign the papers and officially book the hall for our wedding which now made everything ten times more real than it felt in the beginning.

"Okay so invitations, check, venue, check, tux and dresses, check." I say as I place check marks next to each word on my checklist.

"Now what?" Jaime asks as he merges onto the highway.

"Well I have to find a caterer, then we have to look at cakes."

"Ooh do I get a groom's cake?" Jaime cuts in with a cheeky smile.

"Of course you do." I smile in return.

"What else is on the list?" He asks again.

"Lastly is my dress." I say with a soft smile.

"I can't wait to see you walk down the aisle in it." Jaime says reaching over to take a hold of my hand and intertwine our fingers.

We went straight to his parents' house to pick up Lilah who we dropped off earlier this morning before we went hall shopping.

"So did you find one?" His mom asks as we follow her inside the house.

"Yes." I smile as we enter the living room where Lilah was on the floor playing with her toys.

"Princess!" Jaime shouts once he sees her.

She quickly looks up to him and reaches her arms up for him to take her, which he does then begins to smother her face in kisses, resulting in her bursting in fits of giggles.

"Well I'm glad you found something, now we can start making decorations and ooh a slideshow, I need to get all of your pictures together so I can make one." She begins to ramble.

"I'll send you all of the ones I have." I smile.

I take a hold of Lilah's backpack and follow Jaime out to the car where he buckles her into the car seat, I get situated in the front and wait for Jaime to start the car and take us home.

"I'm going to drop you guys off, I have to meet up with Vic in an hour and discuss some things for the wedding." Jaime says keeping his eyes firmly on the road ahead.

"What things?" I say cocking an eyebrow.

"Just things." He grins as he looks at me from the corner of his eye.

We made it home and said goodbye to Jaime as he drove away to do whatever secret thing he was planning with Vic.

-Jaime­'s POV-

I drove the short distance to Vic's place and quickly got out of the car, going to the trunk to grab my guitar and the journal I've been writing in for the past year, I had an idea and Vic was the only one I knew that could help me with it.

I knock on the door and wait for a moment until Vic swung the door open with a smile spread on his face, "Hey bud what's up!"

"Hey, what are you doing?" I ask as I follow him inside and to the living room.

"Just watching some TV while Danielle is out at her shoot."

"That's good, look, when are you going to take that to the next step because I've waited long enough." I say getting Vic to laugh.

"Soon man, and soon is actually sooner than you think." He grins.

"It's about damn time." I chuckle.

"Well enough about my love life, you said you wanted me to help with something?"

"Yeah! Actually, I have an idea and I have lyrics."

"I like the sound of this already."

I pull out my journal and flip to the pages I've been scribbling on with memories and spoken words that were drilled in my head.

"I started writing all these things and I think I have a song in here, I just need help putting it together."

Vic comes over to sit next to me on the couch, taking the journal into his hands and skimming over the page, "I really fucking love this line." He says pointing to the bottom of the page.

"The future's just a few heartbeats away from disaster." He says reading it out loud.

"Arianna said that to me the night of my birthday party when my mom had invited Jessica after finding out she was pregnant. We were on the swing and she was finally telling me what was on her mind, I never forgot that." I say remembering that night.

"Are all of these things that were said between you two?" He asks still keeping his eyes glued on the journal.

"No not all of them, some of them are memories, like this one." I say pointing to a specific line.

"As we wake up in your room, your face is the first thing I see. The first time I've seen love and the last I'll ever need." Vic mumbles.

"What was that one?" He asks looking at me for an answer.

"The first night I stayed at her apartment, I woke up to her sleeping and I swear I felt my heart melt, I knew right there and then that she was the one."

"Damn this is all so deep and beautiful." Vic says with wide eyes.

"And that's why I need your help." I say as more of a plea.

"Anything man, you've got it."

"Arianna thinks our first dance song it going to be A Thousand Years, but I have another idea, and I think these lyrics are the answer."

Vic looks to me with a grin, "I like where this is going."