Let's Call It a Love/Hate Relationship

"Woah, you look frustrated," I laugh as I look across at Bonnie's expression. I swear, I would pay money to see her make that face again.

"This isn't funny," Bonnie snapped at me, pushing away her glass of water she had first gotten when I met her here at the Grill.

"You're right, this isn't funny," I nodded, looking straight at her. "I don't find it one bit funny that you've made it your mission to kill me.''

Bonnie's eyes narrowed in the slightest as she took my words in. After a moment, she pursed her lips and spoke. "Between you and me, I wasn't necessarily going to kill you. But now that you've brought it up, I might as well do so."

"Right," I scoff, rolling my eyes. "Look Bonnie. I wasn't going to hurt your friends, because I didn't fancy being hated by those I keep alive. But now that you've decided you want to kill me, I think I might pay a visit to those you care about."

"You wouldn't dare," Bonnie cut in angrily, her hands clenched together momentarily.

"Oh but I would," I smirk, waving my finger in front of her, then I became serious. "Who should I kill first? Elena? Jeremy? Or how about Caroline? It would be a shame if you lost one of your best friends."

"You leave them out of this!" Bonnie whispered fiercely. "They've done nothing wrong. This is between me and you."

"Bonnie, you've threatened to kill me," I reminded her with a soft laugh. "And being honest, I'm a tiny bit pissed off with that. So honestly, I don't give one damn if you don't want me to involve them in this; that is my decision."

"I won't let you hurt them," she told me after a short pause.

"But how will you protect them and yourself? If they try to save you, I kill them: if you try to save them, I'll kill you. It's a win-win for me," I answer.

Bonnie, for once, was speechless at my words. At that moment I wanted her to bow down and write me a speech on how good my words were, but I knew I'd just be pushing my luck.

"You think you can bring me and my friends down?" Bonnie questioned, and I immediately saw a challenge in her words. "Then game on."

"Game on," I agreed.

+++++++++++++