1. Shakespeare and Tinder

Chapter 1

Staring at the window while looking at the birds outside flying in 'v's is a much more fun and interesting idea than listening to Mr. Fuego blabbering about non-linear systems. Seriously, there are imaginary numbers now? So there also could be some unicorns out there somewhere, huh? Maybe if I continued blocking Mr. Fuego's lectures there might also be an imaginary future for me. Yes, I should better shift my attention towards him so that my imaginary future will become a reality.

"So this is how you solve non-linear systems... It's up to you if you will use the elimination method or the-"

Slowly but all at once. That's how I felt when my eyes dropped and held protest against me. Even though I do want to pay attention, yep I do... kinda... uhhh yes of course, my whole body says otherwise. My whole body shutdown, not literally... just my eyes and brain, because of the really exhausting math problems. I have had a lot of problems and math is not helping. Like, can you even use all of these in real life? I think not. For example, I want to order a Big Mac and the cashier gave me the wrong change. Can I say, "Excuse me ma'am I think you still owe me 5 cents because the square root of 900 is 30 and pi is 3.14159265359". Nope, right? But obviously the education system claims that we have to. Okay government. I snapped out of my thoughts when...

"Miss Lancaster what made you think that you can sleep in my class? This is Math, children! 50% of your grades are from this subject alone!" Mr. Fuego said.

I internally rolled my eyes. No I did not made it roll inside my eye sockets! What am I a supernatural? But yeah you got the idea, I hope.

"I am really really really sorry sir! I was up all night reading Shakespeare's Macbeth that I lost track of time and woke up 2 hours later than the usual time." I pleaded and made a very sad look on my face. I had to make it believable since I really didn't do some reading last night. Maybe if I didn't dig too much from this guy's profile who I met from Tinder, maybe I wasn't in this situation. But the guy is really cute! He has a dog named Bullet and I also knew that his aunt's grandmother's cousin is the great great great granddaughter of Abraham Lincoln. Sounds interesting, right?

"Okay Miss Lancaster, I will let you pass this time but the next time I saw you sleeping in my class again, 3 days detention will be the only thing that will make you stay up all night

"Okay Miss Lancaster, I will let you pass this time but the next time I saw you sleeping in my class again, 3 days detention will be the only thing that will make you stay up all night. Understand?"

"Crystal"

He turned around again and continued discussing some things that my brain still couldn't reach. Oh well.

I was writing down notes, because I really I had to do so because I already flunked 2 of his quizzes and my mom wouldn't be really happy at this, when someone tapped me on the shoulder. I looked behind me and saw that it was the girl I borrowed a pen from 3 days ago when I came running late to class because my father made me clean Meatball's poop at the garage. She looked at me with a blank expression and pointed at Nicholas. I shifted my gaze to Nicholas who is saying some words I can't decipher. After a minute of failed communication, he finally thought of writing down the words that he has been saying earlier. How could you not think about that a minute earlier, Nic? You wasted a good precious minute looking like a total goof where I just laughed at you because you looked so ridiculous. He folded the note and passed it to the girl earlier who passed it to me now with an annoying expression. I said some series of 'sorry's to her which she just acknowledged with a nod. I opened the note and read the words,

So... Shakespeare, huh?

I turned to him and sticked my tongue out. Nicholas who I call Nic for short, is my childhood friend which happens to be my best and only friend in this school. We know each other since diaper days and we spent almost every day together. We are the comic duo and we're inseparable. So back to the note, he knows me too damn well that it scares me sometimes. He might even know me more than I know myself. He became my shoulder to cry on when I have problems like that time when the guy I've been liking on has a girlfriend already and she like 4 years older than him! I won't press any further because that was like a year ago. I wouldn't exchange Nic for anyone or anything but an extra large fries or pizza sounds like a great deal. Kidding.

The bell rang informing us that this class is already over. Nic already stood at the door and waited for me to go out. He walked me to my next class which is Philosophy.

"See you at lunch break?" Nic said while smiling at me

"Sounds great" I replied giving him a hug before we exchange goodbyes and him heading to his next class.

"How's your Philosophy class?" Nic asked while sitting down on our usual spot which is under the same old oak tree. We never eat in the cafeteria because we like to have peace within ourselves. You see, our cafeteria is a mess. And the food they serve is way worse. Stereotypes quite doesn't exist in Asherville High but royalties does. There's this kid named Dunston Asher, with his equally devious friends and crazy fan girls, who acts like he owns the entire place. He kind of does but he's just the Mayor's son! Not the Mayor himself. His presence doesn't bother me that much as long as he is not going to go under my radar or me to his.

"Well if Ms. Johnson picking up her nose while we weren't looking sounds okay, then it's okay" I laughed remembering the very sight of my Philosophy teacher picking her nose while we were reading page 394 of our textbooks. She's doing it like she is digging up some hidden treasures inside. Ew gross. I can not unsee that. Someone hand me some soap, this memory needs some major cleaning.

We laughed the whole time because Nic did this weird thing where he placed the gummy worm which I gave him under his nose and kept doing the Nazi hand gesture while screaming "HI-HO HITLER". The people around us gave us funny and disapproving looks which made us laugh even harder.

The bell rang again telling us that lunch break is over and we need to get to our next class. We did our secret hand shake and went to our different ways. I decided to go to the fountain at the back of our school's library. I always go back here once a week just to make a wish or two. I fished for a penny from my jean's pocket. I turned around and closed my eyes and threw the penny backwards. Just I was about to open my eyes, I heard someone whimpered in pain.

"OUCH! What the hell was that?"

Hiiii! So here I am again. How's chapter one?
And the guy who would be playing as Nicholas McBride is Daniel Sharman *coughs* Isaac Lahey 💕 Shoutout to all Teen Wolf fans out there! Love y'all x