Chapter 8: "Feel Okay"

Start from the beginning

Jonathan Merritt: that the guys were bothering you, he's probably gonna tell them to smarten up or else they're off the team

Me: they're gonna think that i told and they're gonna be mad at me

Jonathan Merritt: no they're not coming anywhere near you and i'll make sure of it

——

Jonathan's POV

"I'm trying to convince Coach to play you first line." I tell Maria.

"So I can play with you," she smiles up at me.

"Because you deserve it." I say.

"You're so sweet." She says, staring up at me.

"What can I say? I'm a sweet guy." I shrug, making her laugh. Maria was laid out on my bed and I was sitting up beside her.

"What line am I on now?" She asks.

"Third, I'm pretty sure." I say, playing with her hair. "Coach didn't think it would be fair if the new players played on a line better than the old players, so all the vets take up lines one and two, and Braden's on line three. You'd be with him."

"That's not fair." She says, and I nod. "Some of the vets aren't good."

"I know. But I'm trying to get you on line one with me and Tom." I say, and she smiles.

"Think of all the magic I could create on a line with you," she smirks, sitting up. She places her arms around my neck, leaning in to kiss me. My arms trailed behind her, moving to her lower back. I could hear her giggle against my mouth.

"Woah," I hear, and I immediately shoot back from Maria, my eyes quickly looking at the door. Cathy's standing there, her eyes wide.

"You said nobody was home." Maria whispers.

"What are you doing here?" I ask Cathy. Oh, god. This was embarrassing.

"I just got home. I tried calling you, but you were too busy smooching to answer me," Cathy says, and I could see her mouth, a slight smirk occupying her lips.

"How'd you get home?" I ask, because if my dad was home too... we'd be in trouble.

"The bus." She says, leaning against my door. "Aren't you going to introduce me to your little friend?" She grins.

"I am Maria, Jonathan's friend from hockey." Maria says, and I groan.

"You weren't supposed to say that." I hiss.

"She's on your hockey team?" Cathy says, eyes wide.

"Don't tell dad." I warn her. If my dad found out I was dating a girl on my team... I would get in shit. Big shit.

"I'm not gonna tell dad." She rolls her eyes. "What am I, six years old?" She asks.

"That's my sister, Catherine." I tell Maria. "Or Cathy."

"Not Cathy. It makes me sound old." Cathy says.

"I call you Cathy."

"That's because you don't listen to me." She rolls her eyes, and I nod, it was true.

"Can you leave now, please?" I say.

"Why? So you can go back to kissing Maria from your hockey team?" Cathy asks, eyes wide.

"Don't tell dad." I repeat.