Chapter XI

JIAE

"Remember the roses, unnie." Yein reminded when we got out of the car to meet the other six.

"Yeah, yeah. Who would even bring roses to an amusement park, Yein?"

"Who knows, after all, this is an amusement park where amusing things happen." She winked.

"Don't try it Jung Yein. You sucked at it." I deadpanned.

"Whatever. Besides, don't think too much about those roses. We're here to enjoy!" She exclaimed.

Sometimes, I don't understand this girl. One second, she'll say to do this then the next, she'd say otherwise.

She can be complicated at times.

Aren't you speaking for yourself, Yoo Jiae?

---

Before we went to the rides, we decided to have lunch since we're hungry. And for pete's sake, I had'nt eaten my breakfast thanks to these people.

"Girls, I really think we should find a place to eat ASAP." Myungeun suddenly said.

"Yeah, she's right. Jiae unnie is already burning holes at anything she sees." Sujeong mocked.

"Yah!" I glared at them.

They can't blame me. I'm hungry and they should know I'm not one to be messed with when I'm starving.

"Look, a noodle shop!" Jiyeon ran to the noodle shop and we followed suit.

"I thought she likes jeokbal? Did she change her favorite?" Mijoo questioned.

"No, this noodle shop offered jeokbal also." Soul informed as she opened the door.

Mijoo nodded while forming her mouth an 'O'.

When we were all full, apparently Kei ordered jeokbal for everyone's lunch much to Jin's dismay because she insisted on having noodles and chicken, we started hunting for rides. As much as possible, 'Yein-friendly' rides.

They were all having fun but me. Amusement parks are never my thing actually. After an incident when I was young, my love for these amusement parks stopped. It was traumatic.

"Eonnie, look what I've got!" Sujeong shouted in glee.

"A bear?"

"Exactly, for you." She said as she handed me the stuffed toy.

"Why would you give it to me? I suppose you won this thing in a game." I asked.

"We figured that you won't be going anywhere near those rides so we thought of giving you a bear to at least entertain yourself." She sheepishly smiled and went off.

Aish, those girls, really.

I looked at the bear and a smile formed on my face. It was a Moomin teddy bear.

I quickly sent a message to them saying thanks for the Moomin bear.

"It looks like we are each other's company, Moo." I said.

I motioned Moomin's head to a nod.

"Do you mind if I join in?" A male voice spoke up.

I look up to see a strangely familliar guy. Mint green hair, gummy smile, pale white skin, miniature eyes. I can't pinpoint where I've seen him.

"Chill, if I'm not welcome, you can always tell me. You don't have to look at me like that." He chuckles.

I didn't realize I was squinting my eyes at the same time, furrowed my eyebrows at him.