♡ Chapter 8 ♡

Start from the beginning

"Really? Who?" Her mother asked, genuinely surprised by this. But Ariana couldn't blame her.

"Our neighbor, the one I told you about. And also one guy who I met at the store the other day, both of them go to Kenzington." Ariana informed. Her mother nodded thoughtfully.

"Have you made any... Girl friends?" Her mother asked. Ariana shook her head as a frown came to her face.

"No," she stated. Her mother nodded.

"That's alright, at least you've already made friends and you've only been here for... A week or so," Her mother smiled. Ariana returned the smile and nodded.

"Yeah it's a nice change to have friends," her smile widened. After a few moments, Ariana went up to her room and kicked off her shoes. She picked her guitar up from beneath her bed and sighed as she sat down on her chair in front of her study desk.

Music session time, Ariana thought. Ariana started to strum a song that she had stuck in her head, a smile coming to her face.

"I used to bite my tongue and hold my breath, scared to rock the boat and make a mess, so I sat quietly, agreed politely." She sang, she skipped a few verses of the song to get to her favorite part.

"I got the eye of the tiger, the fighter! Dancing through the fire, cuz I am a champion. And you're gonna hear me roar louder! Louder than a lion cuz I am a champion. And you're gonna hear me roar! Ro-o-o-o-o-oar! Ro-o-o-o-o-oar! Ro-o-o-o-o-oar! You're gonna hear me roar!" Just as she ended that sentence, her phone buzzed in her pocket.

She hastily put her guitar down as she checked who had called her.

Daddy-o is calling, it read. Ariana clicked the 'answer' button and held the phone to her ear.

"Hello?" She spoke into the phone.

"Hey, kiddo," he said cheerfully in the other end. "Oh, I mean teen-o,"

Ariana rolled her eyes. "Dad, you know I'm still your kiddo," she whined. Her father chuckled on the other end.

"I know, I know, just messing with you. By the way, I was wondering if you could help your old man with something...?" He trailed off.

"Sure! What is it?" Ariana asked eagerly.

"You see, we have three artists here, all extremely talented. And we can only give one recording deal. We can't seem to pick on who we will give it to, so why don't you help us pick?"

Ariana couldn't have been more excited at that moment. She jumped up and down with joy.

"Okay!" she said into her phone.

"I'll come pick you up and we'll drive back to the studio," he said.

"Okay, bye dad!"

"Bye, kiddo!" and her father hung up.

Ariana put her phone back in her pocket. She was too excited about actually picking an artist for her father's recording company. It would be all so cool and proffesional and stuff! Ariana thought eagerly. She was too caught up in the moment to realize that her curtians were actually open.

A pebble tapped on her window which caused Ariana to jump. She looked at the window and saw a familiar face in front of the window across from her. He had a grin on his face and waved slightly. Ariana huffed.

She sat back down on her chair and rolled all the way to the window. She opened it gruffly.

"What is it, Brandon?" Ariana asked.

"Hello to you, too." He said sarcastically. Ariana rolled her eyes playfully.

"So you're friends with Damian?" he asked. This question seemed to take Ariana by surprise.