♡ Chapter 8 ♡

Start from the beginning

She turned the doorknob and entered. Her father wasn't home, but her mother was. And Toby, Cory, Percy and Jaz.

"Hey guys, I'm home!" Ariana yelled. She spotted her mother and the twins all in the living room, watching television. She grinned as she walked to them. She plopped down on the couch next to her mom.

"Hey guys," she greeted cheerfully.

"Hello," her mother greeted in return. She put her hand on Ariana's head. Toby was just walking in front of her and she grabbed him by the waist and lifted him up onto her lap.

"Hey there, kiddo!" She ruffled his bronze hair - a mixture of both their parents hair colors - and tickled his tummy. Toby laughed as he squirmed in her lap. At that moment, they were all just acting as one big happy family. If only her dad was there at the moment...

"Oh honey," Ariana's mother started.

"Hmm?" She looked at her.

"You have to go to your new school tomorrow, they have to ask you a few questions and such. We'll drive you there," her mother informed. Ariana nodded.

"Okay," she said. Toby escaped from her grasp and went to join his twin, playing with some sort of lego. Ariana sighed contentedly. Percy was sitting near the twins, his tongue lolled out. And he seemed to be amused with what the twins were doing. Jaz laid in one corner, stretching her black arms.

"You fed them already, right?" Ariana asked her mom if she had fed her pets. Her mother nodded and gave a smile.

Ariana's mother was forty, but she looked radiantly young. She had bright blonde hair and the same bright green eyes. She had a fair complexion and an elegant and timeless look on her face. She had a tall figure, and was surprisingly thin. The only sign of age in her mothers face were the smile lines near her eyes.

So far, the only thing that Ariana had gotten from her mother was her blonde hair. But Ariana's hair wasn't even the same shade of blonde. Well, she was also fairly tall and thin. Ariana had gotten her eyes from her father, and her parents told her that she got her tannish complexion from her grandmother, from her moms side.

But the one thing that nobody knew where Ariana had inherited from were her eyebrows.

Her parents had relatively average or thin eyebrows. But Ariana's were thick. It wasn't a unibrow, mind you. And it wasn't even weird-looking. Her parents told her that her eyebrows were her best feature, but she begged to differ.

Ariana never considered herself pretty, or even remotely close. But her parents always reminded her of how beautiful she was. One time, even the twins said "our older sister is the prettiest girl in the world" but Ariana still didn't feel pretty.

Ariana even told her mother that she wanted to wax her eyebrows. But her mother had a horrified expression in her face and shook her head so fast that Ariana was afraid that it would fall off. "No! Why on earth would you want to wax your eyebrows?! They're absolutely perfect!" She had exclaimed.

"So what have you been up to? What are you planning to do the rest of the summer?" Her mother asked. Ariana thought for a moment. She still wanted to find a secret place of her own...

"Well I was thinking about getting a job, you know. Like maybe a part-time job at Starbucks or something," she shrugged.

"That would be okay," her mother replied approvingly.

"I've been down to the beach a few times, and I even think I made friends," Ariana said disbelievingly. Considering Brandon or Damian as friends was still an idea she couldn't quite believe. Ariana had only ever had friends until she was ten years old. Since that was about the time that she... Broke out of her shell. In other terms, that was about the time that people started calling her a weirdo.