0.10 «Grayson Dolan»

Start from the beginning

Emerson considered us friends? Did she just friend-zone Ethan and me? No, no. This couldn't be happening. I needed to figure out what I was going to do about this feeling, and fast.

"What do you guys wanna do?" Ethan asks.

Addi thinks for a second, then exclaims, "Let's play some games! What about Twister?"

Emerson immediately agrees, and Ethan and I follow suit. He gets the game box from the basement downstairs, and we set up.

"Who wants to spin first?"

Ethan volunteers, and grabs the spinner from the table, "Alright, people, get ready."

Each of us stands at one side of the mat, and waits for Ethan to start, "Right leg, blue."

I set my foot on the nearest blue dot, and Addi and Emerson did the same. I was not flexible by any definition, and Addi was average, but Emerson. Emerson took track, gymnastics, and ice skating. She had long legs, even though she was considered relatively short. She could be a contortionist if she wanted to.

"Left hand, red."

Emerson effortlessly bent down, but Addi and I both grunted. This was going to be a long game.

About fifty commands later, all three of us could barely say which limbs were ours. Although both girls were more flexible than I was, I could probably guarantee that I was stronger.

My face was very close to Addi's, and she kept sticking her tongue out, which not only made me shake with laughter, but kept getting her saliva on my nose, which grossed me out. But I would not give in to her teasing.

"ADDI! STAHP!" I shouted in her ear to annoy her.

I could tell she wanted to hurt me, but luckily, all her outer body parts were figuratively glued to a plastic mat. Emerson chuckled at us from my other side.

"Screw this, I'm going to go eat!" Addi said, picking herself up and almost knocking me down in the process.

"Right. It's now down to Emerson and Grayson. Since Addi forfeited, we start over."

Emerson and I immediately collapsed on the floor, totally exhausted. Her arm was draped over my chest, and my leg was on top of hers. God, what was this girl doing to me? We exchanged a quick glance, where I could see Emerson's blushing cheeks. I probably looked the same. We stood up and waited for Ethan to begin again.

"Right hand, green."

Addi came back in the room with a bag of chips. I suddenly realize how hungry I am.

"GO EMMY! You suck, Dolan!"

"HEY!" both Ethan and I said at the same time.

"Oh, right, sorry Ethan. You suck, Bailey," she corrects herself, calling me by my middle name, something that really irritates me.

I see Emerson with a confused look on her face. Oh God, please don't let Addi see.

I guess the odds are just not in my favor today, because Addi notices, "Oh, you don't know? Grayson's middle name is Bailey."

Emerson laughs lightly, but not in a mean way. She secretly gives me a reassuring smile, "My middle name is Henry, after my great grandfather or something."

I smile at her. She was nice enough to admit something embarrassing about herself to make me feel better. No one had ever done that for me except Ethan, and it made me feel even euphoric inside.

Ethan gives us more directions. I slide my hand under Emerson's leg, and feel her tense up as my hand graces her butt accidentally. She doesn't look at me, so I do nothing.