Chapter 11

(Kayla in the MM)

Angel

"What the fuck is going on?" I raised my voice. I looked at my father with pure disgust. Like didn't you just get back on speaking terms wit my mama and now.. damn dad, back at it again with the cheating and disrespect.

I ran down the hall trying to fight the urge to vomit, I heard footsteps thumping down the hall behind me. I locked my door and broke down in tears of anger.

Carter

I woke up to the sunlight softly on my face. I decided to surprise my baby with breakfast in bed. I stretched and turned around. Jay was snuggled up in the covers, peacefully snoring. I kissed him lightly on the cheek and got out of bed to freshen up.  I padded to the guest bathroom to grab some of the toiletries he had kept in the closet. I took a quick shower and threw on one of his big Tees and a pair of his basketball shorts.

I got on Apple Music, hooking my phone up to the speaker and played my Rihanna playlist. I got to work on our breakfast.

I had made some waffles, eggs, bacon, hashbrowns, grits and I whipped up a healthy fruit salad out of fresh grapes, strawberries, kiwis, pineapple and blueberries.

One thing my nana always taught me was to cook. When I was younger she would have me help her make various things. She always told me the key to a mans heart was food. Cooking was my passion. I could see myself opening up my own restaurant and becoming a skilled chef in a few year. I sat the food on the table and got two plates and some silverware. Then I poured two glasses of orange juice. I went upstairs to wake up Jaylen.

Kayla

I fluttered my eyes, glancing at the clock and it read 9:27am. All the events of last night started to replay through my head. My feet was sore. I can't believe I walked 19 miles. I had blisters on my legs and feet.

"You need ta go. My wife will be here any second."

My eyes bucked open, I was looking at Carter's naked step dad. He definitely knew how to work wit what he got. He put it down last night.

"We made magic last night. You tore this lil shit up." I sat up.

"Bitch leave." He walked over to me, getting in my face. He mugged my head causing me to hit the wall.

"Don't act like you didn't enjoy me." I flicked my tongue out at him.

He punched me in the lip twice and I felt warm blood gush out and drop down my chin. It was like he got so angry so fast. It scared me, he had this look on his face.

I screamed out, running for the front door. I bolted down the apartment complex steps, bumping into some lady.

She just looked me up and down, shaking her head and continued to walk up the steps. I only had on a bra and some leggings. I pulled my phone from out my bra and called the 911.

"I was raped and beat. I just escaped." I sniffed and cried to the operator on the other end.

Angel

I sighed before getting up from my warm bed. I had an awful sleep, I didn't know how I was gonna tell my mom about what I had seen. I didn't wanna break her heart but she should know. I heard a bunch of noise. Here we go, I thought.

I peeked out of my door and I saw a bunch of police officers questioning my momma.

"What happened?" I was scared my momma had found out and finally snapped on my trash ass father.