Chapter 10

Carter

"I'd like sesame chicken, bourbon chicken and beef with broccoli please. With a large sweet tea." I said smiling to the Chinese man ringing up my food.

"Anyting else fo you?" He asked me in broken English.

"Nope. That's all, thank you." I pulled out a crispy ten dollar bill from my MK wristlet.

"So you Jay's wifey, bitch?" I heard some loud pitchy voice speak.

I turned around a bit startled, this was unexpected. "Excuse me?"

I seem Jay huddling over in a quick pace. "I'm talking to you. My baby daddy" she rubbed her belly and pointed to Jay. "got you playing step mommy?"She smirked.

And that's when it really hit me, this is the same bitch who was at the corner store a few days ago. Jay was talking to her and I guess that's his baby. He knew and didn't tell me shit. Got me out here looking stupid. My face dropped and the pregnant chick started smirking.

"Renee" Jay started.

I dropped my frown, turning it into a smile.

I rubbed her belly."Aww. I always wanted a baby, hopefully it doesn't resemble you." I batted my lashes.

I probably looked calm but on the inside, my blood was boiling. This man really got me out here looking stupid. I know I can't let this chick see me pressed. That's what she wants and Ima keep my chill.

She got in my face, muggin me. "That's all you got? Bitch!" Her breath reeked of foul onions.

And that's when it goes down. Half a second before I could even blink, Kayla threw my large tea in Renee's face.

Renee punched Kayla dead in her jaw and then they were both going at it. I was just watching with my mouth wide open in shock. I seen a few girls around my age recording it. Jay was trying to pull Kayla off of Renee.

Kayla was hovering over Renee. "Get this bitch off of me, Im pregnant. Oh my god."

I seen an innocent bystander on the phone, probably calling 911. I'm still stunned that all of this was actually happening.

"Yeah bitch, yo body pregnant but ya face not. Run up and get done up hoe! Ion give two fucks!" Kayla was yelling, her head was all over her head.

Sierra and some older black man were trying to hold Kayla back and calm her down but she was still fussing and cussing up a storm. I was so embarrassed. I left the scene to pace and calm down bathroom, this was way too much for me. I looked in the mirror, splashing cold water all on my face. I took long, deep breaths.

I dried my face off with a paper towel before walking back to the food court.

I seen Sierra and Kayla going at it now. Here we go..

Kayla

"Yo why would you put hands on a pregnant female tho?" Jay scolded me.

"I don't care. I'm not about to let some bitch turn up on my best friend, period. " I clapped back at him.

"I get that but It was others way to deal wit it. Shit wasn't cool." He said to me.

"Maybe I should've stood there and done nothing like yo ass." I folded my arms.

It just happened so fast. She mugged Carter, so I just snapped. I threw the tea in her face, she pushed me and then it was on. Where I'm from you don't let that slick shit and disrespect slide from anybody, regardless.