The Meet and Squeak

Kier's POV

I almost missed it, concentrating on weaving through the crowds of people down the street while also keeping my head bowed as low as humanely possible. I'd never been well in crowds, having spent the majority of my free time hidden inside the safe confines of my flat. However, in the hopes of finally managing to provide for myself, I hurried out applying to as many jobs as they'd allow - a grand total of 3 stores taking my CV in the end. Thankfully, while making my way back home I'd managed to overhear a few young women stood outside the local bookstore, staring towards a large poster being stuck to the front window:

27th September only. 12PM onwards.
Exclusive Q&A Session and Book Signing with Bestselling Author,
Laurence Beveridge.

See in store for more details.

I felt my breath hitch within my throat as I caught sight of his name printed against the window, my adoring expression being reflected upon the glass. Here? He was coming here? My fingers tightened around the strap of the satchel hanging from my shoulder, eyes jolting from the poster to the store's entrance numerous times before managing to gather enough self control to move my lower limbs. While having to mumble multiple apologies I entered, heading quickly towards the checkouts and approaching the expressionless employee.
"Umm, e-excuse me?" I stumbled out, his carelessness somewhat off-putting. "A-About your signing this weekend, d-do y-you need a ticket or anything?"
The blond's eyes met my own, whom after reading his name tag was known as Drew, before shaking his head. "By request of the author, you just need to attend. Anyone wishing to meet him can and will, quite an inconvenient idea really; he could be here for hours."
I merely nodded, suppressing the urge to squeal in glee; I had a chance. Thanking the man I turned and hurried from the store, aiming quickly in the direction of home to prepare for the weekend; I had no idea how I'd manage to meet him, or what I'd say when I'd eventually get there; However, that didn't matter. I simply knew I couldn't miss this golden opportunity.

Upon returning to my flat I ran straight into my bedroom, diving under my bed to retrieve my laptop before settling on the floor once turning it on. Regardless of how the employee confirmed it, I still needed to see for myself. There was no way that I could picture Laurence coming here, when he could be heading towards more well known stores. Plus, there was hardly anything here to keep him entertained before and after the signings. With a small sigh I typed in his name, being immediately bombarded with multiple images before I clicked on his official webpage and scrolled down, my heart beginning to race at the announcement of his signing tour.
"Oh my god," I breathed, finding the date in question amongst the list. It was true. He was coming here. Switching tabs to twitter I began to type, hardly using the site yet I still felt the need to express my excitement somewhere.

'@GravoRoman: I can't believe that @BooksByBeveridge is coming to my hometown this weekend! It'd be so amazing to finally meet him!'

However, what I didn't account for was the fact I'd included his name in my tweet, meaning the large possibility of him seeing my embarrassing excitement. Now, regardless of my age I'd found comfort within his tales, knowing that although there was so much negativity within the pages, there was so much more within reality. Plus, fictional crushes was always a bonus. A small ping erupted from my laptop, bringing my eyes towards the notification tab and the small circle indicating something new. At first I believed it was simply a like from a stranger, bringing me to click on it mindlessly in hopes of the notification disappearing, until the reply appeared. 

'@GravoRoman Hopefully see you there. x'

I released a small squeak, my eyes unusually wide as I gazed down at the screen. It took multiple clicks to his profile to accept the response as official, needing to see the small verified tick for myself before responding to him.