Emmy slipped her arm around his waist, helping him balance his weight.

"Thanks," he mumbled, throwing his arm over her shoulder for better support.

After only a couple of steps Emmy could feel her muscles protesting under Shawn's weight, she wasn't much of an athlete.

They turned away from the alley, heading at a slow pace toward the main street.

"Which one of these is yours?" Emmy asked, motioning towards the houses on both sides of the street.

A wide smirk spread across his face. "Emmy," he drawled, giving her an amused expression, His eyes looked playfully at me, "I live three houses down from you, Em."

Oh, Emmy felt her face flush in embarrassment; she didn't know why she would think Shawn would live in a crappy neighborhood like this. Oh god, she turned away from Shawn's curious face.

"I'm offended you would think I'm a poor chap," he teased, pulling her hair lightly.

"I-I," Emmy stuttered. "I-I, just, um...."

"It was a joke Emmy." He snickered, "Don't you know how to take a joke?" He flashed me his killer smile, Emmy gulped. God, he was just so damn good looking, no, no, Emmy thought, she had to stay focused.

"Of course I do," Emmy said breathlessly, defending herself, she didn't want Shawn thinking she was slow.

"Then smile," he poked her ribs lightly, ruffling her hair with his other free hand. Unable to contain herself Emmy broke out into a wide goofy smile, just the simple thought that Shawn would care about making her smile sent butterflies to her stomach.

"Now that's better," he said huskily, tucking a loose strand of her hair behind her ear. Her breath caught as she saw Shawn warm expression, his eyes were twinkling making it hard for Emmy to think. Up close, she could make out light freckles sprinkled across Shawn's nose.

***

They made it to their neighborhood just as the streetlights began to turn on, Shawn's breath had become haggard, and Emmy knew every step was taking a great toll on him.

"That's your house?" She pointed at a light blue house, Shawn's eyes snapped onto it, and she could see the relief in his features that he had made it home.

"That's the one."

She brought him up the driveway, stumbling over a few rocks. Her arms and legs were beyond dead.

Gently she put Shawn against the wall outside his front door, she tapped the doorbell quickly.

His eyelids began to droop, and his breath became more and more shallow.

Come one, Emmy bounced on her heels, open the door. The anxiety was rolling off of her in waves, she wanted Shawn to be alright and she was almost sure he would need to go to the hospital.