Chapter 17: Who's Dating Who?

Mulai dari awal

Yakko watched her count her money over and over again. It was obvious she had about enough to buy a candy bar and that was it.

"Pardon me," Aroma replied politely as she started to take off from the table.

Yakko watched her start to head the way the waiters would come and go. He got up and started to follow her. He watched as she looked around for the cook. "Hey, what are you doing?"

Aroma turned around and saw Yakko behind her. "..."

"Hmmm..." Yakko looked her up and down. "You might not be as kooky as a real Warner, but you definitely have psychological issues." He suddenly smiled. "Do you even know what you're doing or did you lose track of what you were supposed to be doing?"

Aroma looked away again. "Please go sit down, I just need to talk to the person in charge, that's all."

"Why?" Yakko pushed.

"Because." Aroma replied.

Yakko smiled and held his hands behind him. "Because whyyyy?"

"Because." Aroma looked around again. "Maybe I can do dishes or something for the meal."

"Dishes?" Yakko frowned. "I told you I'd pay you'd just..." He stopped. She'd just owed me a little favor. Why is she going through all this trouble to ignore owing me a favor? He groaned. "It just would have been getting an actual kiss tonight instead of burned like you always did to me before."

"...a kiss?" Aroma seemed surprised and relieved at the same time.

"Duh! What else would I ask for?" Yakko said in an obvious fashion. "And not just a little peck on the cheek either." He grinned.

A kiss was what he wanted? That's simple, but I just can't. And what if he would want more afterwards? Aroma asked herself. Give in once and he'll expect me to give in all the time.

Yakko watched as a nervous expression reached her face suddenly. "Yep. You're unbalanced." He smiled. "Makes sense, your creator isn't exactly perfect in that department either. So what are you, bipolar? Do you have multiple personalities or something?" He chuckled. "Oh! Do you have a personality that's sexy and likes to have lots of fun? I'd love to meet her."

"..." Aroma just looked at him confused. One minute he seemed like the friend she had grown fond of before and the next he was a perverted predator. Now he was a...combination? "You are very confusing."

"I'm confusing?" Yakko said in surprise. "You're the one who's confusing me," He whined. "Just which personality are you anyhow? Oh forget it! I'm going to go sit back down. Tell me when the simple Aroma I knew back at the tower is back in control."

Aroma watched as Yakko started to walk away. Simple Aroma? She frowned. He thinks I have multiple personalities? She couldn't help a small chuckle and she didn't quite know why. Maybe I am overreacting. Yakko isn't Renraw. She thought about all the times she had watched where he jumped and kissed beautiful women, on and off air. He had never meant any harm before. He was just...impulsive?

Impulsive! That was it! Why didn't I get that earlier? Aroma rolled her eyes. It IS Yakko, everything has just been going so fast tonight! She smiled to herself. Yakko is Yakko and Aroma is Aroma. Just because I look like this it won't spin everything around in a 180. She started to head back to the table.

"So? Are ya back to yourself?" Yakko asked as he watched Aroma sit down.

Aroma smiled. "Sorry about that."

"Don't worry! Something had to be messed up about you since you were a copy." Yakko replied as he looked back at the menu. "So who am I speaking to now Cybil, and what are you gonna eat?"