Chapter 6 - Harry

Previously...

A little while later I grab the cup and head down to grab a snack. As I walk towards the kitchen, the doorbell rings. " I'll get it!" I shout opening the door, revealing Harry stood on my porch.

"What the hell do you want?" I snap.

____________________________

"Hello to you too," Harry sighs as he stands on my doorstep, I look behind me making sure my mother or her boyfriend aren't around before stepping outside, closing the door behind me, I don't want them to hear the conversation.

"How the hell did you know I lived here?" I ask seeing his car parked to the left of the driveway. "Abbie told me," he replies.

"Okay, what do you want?" I ask getting back to the point. Reaching into his pocket he pulls out my phone and hands it over before grabbing a bag from the floor that I had failed to notice earlier, until now. I recognise the bag as mine, he passes it to me and I nod, thankful he brought them to me.

"Well, thanks."

"I'm sorry about last night," he adds , sounding apologetic, but I don't know whether is should fall for his sincerity. Is he sorry that I assumed we hooked up, or sorry because he missed his chance to.

"I'll leave you alone at school for a while if that's what you really want, I'll let the other guys know too..." he turns around and walks down the driveway.

I feel like calling him back, telling him it's fine, and that we could still talk around school, that I do still want to talk to him because for some God forsaken reason he makes me feel safe...but I know it's better to have nothing to do with them.

My mum opened the door making me spin around to see her looking confused, "my friend just bought me my things," I tell her earning a nod in response. We head inside and I hand her my cup she takes it heading into the kitchen as I return to my room.

My phone buzzes in my hand and I quickly throw my bag to the side and open the new message.

'Thought I'd save my number in your phone, you know just incase ;') – H

I roll my eyes and unlock it to type reply.

What happened to leaving me alone?' – Alice

Adding my name, feeling the need to as he signed his off with 'H'.

'I said at school remember?' – H

I giggle realizing the flaw in my plan.

'Fair enough.' – Alice

Throwing my phone to the side not expecting him to reply any further. I rummage though my bag looking for some chewing gum, instead of finding an almost empty packet, I find a fresh one with a sticky note stuck to it.

- I can be nice love, H.

I read out loud before chuckling to myself, cute. I tear the wrapping off and popping one in my mouth. I have a weird addiction to chewing gum, or anything minty in fact.

I sat by my window, pushing it open letting some fresh air enter the room. I hear my phone ringing on my bedside table, I groan not wanting to move from the window.

Abbie's caller ID glows on the screen, not rushing to answer, "hey," I say casually.

"Last night was amazing even though I can't remember any of it, but guess who I woke up next to!" She squeals into the phone.

"Louis," I state, hearing silence on the other end of the line.

"How did you know?"

"You were all over him" I tell her, "I heard you and Harry got busy" she changed the subject quickly.

"Nothing happened, we just got drunk. I just slept in his shorts." I sigh, rapidly chewing the piece of white gum in my mouth.

"I know, he came and woke me up asking for directions to your house, that's when I noticed I was with Louis....Alice, they seem like good guys." I breathe, "I think we just never got to know them before and assumed they were bad," She states simply.

Shaking my head I decide to tell her what happened between me and Liam. "Abbie, I dealt with Liam over summer, he screwed me over and I'm not ready to let it happen again okay? He got what he wanted out of me and that was it, its what they do and I hate it."

"Harry's an exception then?" She snaps.

"I was drunk sober I wouldn't have done anything unlike you. You jumped into bed with Louis at the first chance." I retort.

She breaths angrily, "I don't know what's gotten into you – but I'm not dealing with you right now."

"Well screw you" I snap before hanging up.

I close my window and sigh, these boys are going to ruin our friendship I can feel it. I hope she stays away from me too if she's hanging around with them. When is she going to realise Louis is just using her and will throw her to the side when some other girl comes along?

Abbie's changed too much since Harry showed up and of course I blame him, he convinced her to make out with him and now she's acting like this. Like guys want her and nothing bad will come from fooling around with them, she's so stupid and can't wait to laugh and say, "I told you so" when she comes crying to me that Louis is screwing someone else.

Harry said him and the others are going to leave me alone for a while, I wonder how long 'a while' is exactly, but for now I'll make the most of this time alone because it's exactly what I need after all this.

VOTE, COMMENT & SHARE!

Emma