Part 18

"The key is... You have to lay down. Relax completely. I'll leave you to it for a while and please, please try not to think about anything that is happening. Once you enter the state of half-asleep, half-awake, I'll ask of you to imagine a body part".

"Which one?"

"Doesn't matter. Arm, leg, whatever. Imagine it in detail, add everything you know and remember about it. Make it vivid".

Alice slowly closed her eyes.

"When that happens, you will picture it flexing, moving and make it as if it were moving not by the power of your muscles, but your mind".

The room suddenly started to feel colder and Alice shivered.

"When you manage to do that, you have to let your soul exit by trying to move your whole body with only your mind. I'm sure you'll exit soon... When you do, look back at your body, look back at me, look around the room".

Billy detached his head and placed it on the ground next to Alice.

"You might be able to see a lot of entities and a lot of them will be demons who will try to posses your body while you're out. I won't allow that since I'll jump in immediately. One of the rules says it's impossible to enter another's body, but with a bit of my help and guidance you won't have to worry".

"What will you do?"

"I'll just detach your silver cord, the one with which you are connected to your body and lead it to another body. Then when you enter that new body, you're going to feel pain, nausea, like you want to die rather than suffer that, but just hold it in and get out. Out of this village, as far as possible. Got it?"

Alice nodded.

"So let's start our session. Don't worry, you might not get it right the first time, but we'll try until you succeed".

                                                                    ***

Alice felt weird, as if she was lighter, purer... She remembered to turn around. There it was... Her body lay there and Billy was doing something, muttering some words to protect the body from the demon.

She began to feel sad when the thought she'll never return to her body hit her. She'll never look at her reflection to see the same girl again... Who knows, maybe it'll be a woman, a granny, a boy next time. 

She  felt her silver cord being pulled and as she went along with it, she saw Billy's spirit enter her body and it rising, shaking, starting to move every inch from the bottom to the top. That was it... She was about to enter another's body and the time for running had come.

Was my name still going to be Alice? She thought.

No. It was time for a fresh start. Her new name was going to be... Layla. Yes. She always liked that name.

She suddenly felt her spirit enter the body and the second the astral projection ended she opened her eyes and the pain started running through her body. It was even worse than she could imagine, so much more painful than giving birth could ever be.

She felt as if all the bones in the body are breaking and that her insides are twisting. Her head felt as if it were spinning round and round without stop and she suddenly got up, vomited and fell down again.

"I have to go. I have to run", her voice wasn't the same anymore. It was that of a small boy.

"So I'm a male now?" She growled. Or, better yet, he.

So the boy that started living again with the soul of a girl started running out of the dark tunnel it was in, out into the light from the outside. Alice's soul was beginning to get used to the weird feeling and as she exited the little tunnel and entered the shack, she vomited again.

Looking up, she could see her own body ( with Billy's soul) running towards the house from which shreaks of anger could be heard.

It was time to go. The boy started running across the yard to the gate... He had a bad feeling in his stomach, and not just because of the new soul... But he can't be caught, can he? It would cost the soul the trip to hell...

"Can I do this, finish this without getting killed?"