(DISCONTINUED) And The Events That Follow

(A/N: So this chapter is really long. Like, reeeeeally long. One of the longest chapters I've ever written in the history of ever. It shows how far I've come as a writer. Which I say not to brag. But it is true. Especially compared to what I wrote when I was like, nine. I had this huge crossover fanfic I called "Master of Cartoons" and it was literally an OC self insert fic between Teen Titans, Trollz, Winx Club, and Transformers Prime. Looking back, it was so fragging embarrassing I can't even with myself. I cringe everytime I see it. But, it set me on the road to something better, so I won't complain! To be able to look at this chapter with a fond expression, even happiness, took a lot of work, but so worth it.

Okay anyways, let's forget about my cringe-worthy beginnings and focus on the story itself. WARNING! THIS CHAPTER DOES HAVE MINOR VIOLENCE! I will be updating this specific chapter throughout the next month or so with new pairs of eyes every so often to correct mistakes I didn't catch the first time round. So check back periodically to see if anything changed!

This chapter has 5,261 words)

-

Frankie

I can't believe this is happening.

I screamed for Dad to wake up and tried to get Cody to focus on me. He went limp but he was still conscious. He seemed distracted, like in a trance. Soon enough, Daddy came running into my room, rubbing the sleep from his eyes.

"Frankie what's wro- oh my... We better call Chief." He interrupted himself, reaching for his cellphone.

"No! You call an ambulance, I'll call Chief!" I yelled. Raising my voice was the only way I could talk with the lump forming in my throat. Cody was so pale and he was sweating so much. I could feel myself starting to panic.

Dad fumbled with his phone, almost dropping it in his half-awake state. Finally, Anna came in and called the ambulance for him while he attended to a crying Cece. Somewhere in the midst of it all, the Griffin Rock Island Hospital and Cody's dad had been alerted of what was going on.

Within minutes, a helicopter landed next to the lab. I could hear Anna shouting at Trex to not attack the paramedics. There were heavy footsteps before my bedroom door was swung all the way open. Two unfamiliar faces rushed in and asked me to step back from my best friend.

Everything was a mess. Cody had gone into some form of shock and their equipment was failing and then he almost fell and hit his head as he struggled to sit upright when they tried to force him to lay down on the gurney. Just as they were about to take off, the pilot turned to one of the paramedics and asked if they had gathered enough info on the patient because as it turns out they were in training! It was ridiculous! I glowered at them, shooting the sharpest daggers their way. The pilot just rolled his eyes at me and scoffed. Out of all the things to happen, I swear!

I watched them fly away as I sunk to my knees and hugged myself. It was so cold. I closed my eyes and tried to process everything that was happening. Tried to understand how and why his wound could've gotten infected even after I cleaned it. Did I not do it properly? No, the process was pretty routine. Did Cody undo the bandages and get it dirty? No, not on purpose anyway. Besides, the bandages was still wrapped tightly when he woke me up.

I don't know how long I was outside. When I looked up, I saw the first rays of sun illuminating Trex as he came towards me with something in his mouth. Upon further inspection, it was an overnight bag I always have prepared. Then a notification popped up on my watch. It was geo-tagged to the location of the Griffin Rock Island Hospital. I smiled and rubbed my dinosaur's head, finally understanding what he meant. "Trex is a good boy. A very good boy." I changed out of my pajamas and climbed onto his distressed metal frame and we rode into town.