Chapter 19 - The Miracle Fawn

*Chapter 19 – The Miracle Fawn*

Four months later…

‘Oh I wish this baby would stop kicking me’ Angelique complained weakly from the sofa, due to the pregnancy she had become progressively weaker since the baby was draining not only the blood from her but also the life from her. Christian bought her another blood pack which she devoured within a matter of seconds although just like the hundreds of others that she had consumed within the past hour it didn’t satisfy her craving’s since it went straight to the baby, ‘why don’t you try walking around for a bit to see if that settled the baby a bit’ Christian held out his hand out for her. Angelique nodded her head and grabbed Christian’s hand to help herself up, she staggered to her feet and took a few hesitant steps all the while clutching Christian’s hand. She shuffled around the room until her legs buckled under the strain of the heavy baby growing inside her; she collapsed once again onto the sofa and closed her eyes.

Seconds later they flew open again as an excruciating pain ran through her causing her to hold her stomach, ‘are you ok’ Christian’s voice was full of worry and concern for both his beloved wife and their unborn child ‘I think the baby is coming’ Angelique explained through her shallow breaths, a contraction tore through her causing her to scream in pain. Christian gently lowered her onto her back on the sofa and told her to push through her contractions but with every push she screamed in agonised pain. However after two gruelling hours of pushing, Angelique was finally holding their beautiful daughter in her arms ‘what shall we call her?’ Christian gently stroked the baby’s soft golden hair ‘Fawn’ Angelique placed a soft kiss on the baby’s cheek ‘I love it but why Fawn?’ Christian smiled ‘because she has a similar birthmark to us on her ankle. Out animal spirits are white deer, and a baby deer is called a fawn. She is our baby Fawn’ Angelique couldn’t stop smiling at the tiny baby in her arms.

‘The colour’s coming back to your cheeks Angel’ Christian gently ran his fingers over Angelique’s sculptured cheekbones, ‘I feel a lot better now that Fawn is finally out’ Angelique smirked before gently handing Fawn over to Christian who gazed in wonder as their beautiful little girl. ‘It’s a shame that she won’t stay this small for long’ ‘she’ll probably be the same size as a toddle by tomorrow’ Angelique had a saddened look in her eyes. ‘But she’s a vampire so she’ll live forever’ Christian reminded to which Angelique smiled.

A few weeks later…

Fawn was only a number of weeks old but she already looked like a four year old child; she could talk in full sentences, she could run faster than Angelique (but nowhere near as fast as Christian) and she was already learning how to hunt, although due to her age she was limited to wildlife to hunt. Angelique and Christian couldn’t be prouder of their little miracle daughter and Fawn couldn’t be happier with her untroubled life. But the peaceful silence was interrupted by the throaty roar of a familiar Mitsubishi pick-up truck as it pulled up a few meters away from the log cabin. The driver’s side door swung open and out jumped Elizabeth, swiftly followed by Veronica and Jonah, Angelique’s eyes darted to Jonah ‘how the hell are you here, I ripped your heart out’ Jonah grinned before explained ‘Elizabeth brought me back, but nature must have a balance and that’s why we’re here… someone’s gotta die’ with a vicious smile Jonah glared at Fawn who was hiding behind Christian’s legs. ‘Not a chance Jonah! I will not let you hurt my daughter’ Angelique took a protective step in front of Fawn and Christian, ‘daughter!’ came the joint exclamation of Elizabeth and Veronica.

‘Yes she’s mine and Angelique’s daughter’ Christian gently pulled Fawn’s hand until she was stood in front of him, Fawn looked at Elizabeth ‘why do you want to hurt my mummy and daddy, Auntie Elizabeth?’ everyone stared in shock at Fawn’s statement. ‘Why did you call her that, Fawn?’ Christian stared at Fawn who looked up at him ‘she is mummy’s sister. I read it in Auntie Elizabeth’s mind’ Angelique’s eyes widened in shocked realisation but she had no time to act since Elizabeth blasted her with a spell that sent her somersaulting through the air and crashing through the glass window. Elizabeth followed in hot pursuit, Angelique knocked her to the floor with a spell of her own ‘why are you doing this to my family Elizabeth’ Angelique blasted Elizabeth with another spell.