30

The next morning I'm woken by my phone at 7am. I climb out of bed and head to the kitchen to start breakfast.

My family are all in the kitchen by 7:30, eating breakfast.

"What are we doing today, Mum?" Gisele asks.

I smile. "We're going to visit your Great Aunt."

Noah pulls into his arms. "I'm sorry you lost touch with her."

"It was my fault, Noah. I didn't know how to tell people that we were separating. All I could think about was getting away from you and the drama of LA."

"You're not the only one that had it hard. My parents went ballistic when I told them we were separating. Mum asked me what happened and I told her you cheated on me. I showed her the photos of Jaden and you. Then a couple days later I was in a relationship with Paula."

I shake my head. "Don't mention that woman's name in my house or I'm going to slap you." I move to the sink and wash the dishes.

***

I pull the car into the parking lot of the ballet studio. Ashley climbs out of the car. "Are you watching me today, Mummy?"

I nod. "Yeah, princess. Show me what you've got."

She smiles. "I will." She sits with the rest of the kids. She talks to the girl on her left.

A woman sits next to me. "Hello I'm Rebecca. Jasmine's Mum."

I smile. "I'm Amelia. Ashley's Mum."

"Oh, what happened to Noah and the kids?"

"They're at home. Noah, thought dance class was something that I should share with my daughter."

"They never mentioned you when I met them two weeks ago."

Of course they didn't I was in a Safe house.

I watch Ashley do a handstand.

I'm going to put her in gymnastics as well.

The music begins and the kids start dancing.

Ashley look at me every now and then.

I smile at her and whisper. "Nice, move."

***

Noah pulls the car into Aunty Amber's driveway.

I look at the over grown trees around the yard. I planted some of those tree when I was fifteen with Noah. "Kids, you see those trees out your window. You're Dad and I planted those trees when we were fifteen."