Chapter 28_ Would you rather...

ابدأ من البداية

"This is awkward," said Jamie.

"I know!" I exclaimed. "Let's play would you rather..."

"Cool," Jamie said.

Harvey and Fred nodded their approval.

"So, let's start with the youngest," said Fred.

"Jamie," said Harvey.

"One of us will ask you a question. Okay?" Fred asked.

Jamie shrugged.

"Can I?" asked Fred.

I and Harvey nodded.

"So, would you rather commit sucide with a gun, or would you rather jump off a building?" asked Fred.

"Seriously?" Jamie rolled his eyes.

"Related to my latest case," Fred shrugged.

"Aren't we your latest case?" asked Harvey.

"Will you let Jamie answer any time today?" I asked, scowling.

"I would rather shoot myself," Jamie replied before Harvey could answer me back.

"Why?" asked Fred.

"Because there's time between the jump and the crash. And I'm sure those moments would not be... uh, nice?" Jamie explained, somewhat uncertain.

"Cool logic," said Harvey. "But I would have chosen to jump off a building. Because firstly, I wouldn't have the will power to press the trigger. And also, jumping off a high building would resemble flying a bit. Would be an exhilarating experience."

"Exhilarating for me too." I said. "If you let me do the honours of pushing you off."

"Ha ha," Harvey laughed sarcastically.

"Your turn, Mary," said Jamie.

"I'll ask," said Harvey.

"Sure," I shrugged.

"Would you rather kill someone to save your own life, or would you rather get killed to save someone else's?" asked Harvey.

"That's dumb," I said.

"Just answer," Harvey replied.

"I don't know. It depends what kind of person is in trouble. Or what condition I'm in," I said.

"A gunman grabs you and any other random person on the street. He asks you that he has to shoot one of you and that the decision is yours. What will you say?" Harvey asked.

"I can't even tell. I can't tell unless I'm in the situation. It'll be so unrealistic if I say I'll sacrifice my life for a random person. People who say that are either liars or idiots. Or in very rare cases, exceptionally brave or kind hearted." I said, annoyed.

"You didn't answer my question," Harvey said.

"I can't..." I begin angrily.

"Fine! Fine! It's a little kid. A five year old kid versus you. What would you do then?" Harvey was determined to get an answer.

"I'll save the little kid," I answered promptly.

"Good," he said. "I would..."

"Moving on," I interrupted him quickly. "Jamie is going to ask you a question now."

"Would you rather rob a bank of its money, or would you rather rob a museum of its art?" asked Jamie.

"Why is everyone asking questions about suicide, murders or robberies?" I asked.