| letter twenty nine august 15 2004 |

"Every adversity, every failure, every heartache carries with it the seed on an equal or greater benefit." 

                     ~napoleon hill 

Dear Angel, 

It feels like the beginning again. Me getting drunk every night, staying out clubbing until the early hours of the morning. I've fallen into a pit, and I can't seem to dig myself out of it. 

Can you believe it's been two years since I last wrote to you? I wonder if you've forgotten. Do you remember that time when we watched The Ring, and you were scared, no matter how much you protested that you weren't?

I honestly don't know what I'm trying to get accomplished by writing you this letter. I was cleaning out a closet in my apartment, searching for my prescription. Another sign that I've fallen low is the fact that I've become addicted to prescription medicine. 

As I was tearing my place upside down, I stumbled across a box taped shut. It had completely fled my mind, Angel, I'm ashamed to admit. I had pulled the box open, only to reveal the typewriter, loads of candles, and paper. I remember just sitting there, not sure what to do with myself. 

I guess that's how come I'm sitting here, surrounded by candles, and writing this. 

I don't know what to say. 

So, I'll say nothing at all, and end this letter. 

As always, 

Ash 

~

whoo, an update. go me! :D this was depressing to write, tbh. 

i'm going to find a super cute gif for the side, so make sure to check that out! 

dedication opportunity! early in the story, there is a hint to where they live. if you can tell me the state and general location that angel and ash live, i will dedicate the chapter to you. go go go.