"I'm sorry," Haiden shouted, running to join his gang. "I have to protect them!"

I stared at him and knew I couldn't let anyone hurt him. So standing up quickly, I ran to the centre of the field. Not caring if anyone could hurt me, I stood in between the demon hunters and The Demons, wanting them to stop. Throwing my hands up in the air, I waved them around feverishly.

"Stop!" I yelled. "Please stop!"

To my utter surprise, both groups obeyed. They stopped running at each other and stood only a meter away from me. Both groups were so close to each other, but I was beyond happy to know they hadn't reached each other yet. Thankfully, I had stopped them before they could inflict pain on one another.

"Luna, you're so lucky I told my troops to stop," Peter scolded. "We could've ran you over."

"I don't care," I said. "If that meant you would stop fighting, then I wouldn't mind being ran over."

Everyone went silent at those words. Probably because I was being serious. If the solution was me getting ran over, I wouldn't care. All I wanted was peace and suddenly, I had words flying out of my mouth.

"Fighting begets fighting," I said, staring at the demon hunters. "Don't you guys know that yet? This all started because you guys killed Haiden and Lydia's entire town. You guys used violence and this is how everything began. Do you really think using violence now is a good idea?"

Murmurs passed around the demon hunters and I knew not everyone knew this. They all looked uneasy and Peter stared at me, seeming upset. I guessed no one really called the demon hunters out for their mistakes and how they kept continuing them.

"Revenge is why The Demons do what they do," I said. "All they want to do is avenge the ones they love. I know what they're doing isn't right, but... It's reasonable. We're human and we tend to want to hurt the people that hurt us."

Pain was suddenly written across the demon hunters's faces. Most of them looked guilty and I had a feeling I was getting to them. So looking at The Demons, I knew I had to make them realize their ways weren't right either.

"And you guys. I understand why you do what you do," I said, staring at Haiden who was listening attentively. "But revenge isn't the way to go. It never is. You may feel like you have a purpose and that you're helping the people you lost, but in the long run you're ruining your lives. Let's be honest, you guys don't have a solid home. You're always on the run. This wouldn't be the case if you didn't choose violence to get even with the demon hunters."

To my surprise, I saw guilt become written across Lydia's face. Dashawn looked solemn and Saniya looked ashamed. Haiden was expressionless, but I saw a sadness I hadn't expected bloom in his eyes. He looked away then and I craved to touch him and tell him that everything would be okay. One day, I knew everything would be okay for him.

"You guys need to change your ways and for once, take a peaceful approach to solving your differences," I said, concluding my speech. "Fighting only leads to more fighting and it's going to be an endless loop of that for years to come. So instead of fighting, talk it out or something. Do something else that won't lead to more anger and pain."

Everyone went silent and I looked at both groups, wondering what they were thinking. To my surprise, both groups looked ashamed. They looked torn too and staring at the sky, I wondered what would happen. I wondered if my words did get to them or if they were planning on running me over.

"You're right," Haiden said, surprising me as he walked to my side. "I'm tired of fighting and I'm... Willing to talk everything out. I'm ready to start a new life."

I looked at Haiden and stared at him, surprised. Just a few weeks ago he had been set on revenge. He had seemed to want it so badly and he didn't care about anything else, but that had changed. My heart lightened as I knew that somewhere along the line of time we had spent together, I had brought Haiden back to the good side.

"I want to start a new life with you," Haiden whispered to me, causing my heart to race.

Unable to help it, I smiled at Haiden. He gave me a small smile back and I hoped the demon hunters would give The Demons a chance to get a fresh start. They deserved it after all they'd been through.

"You're right," Peter said, leaving me completely surprised.

He walked over to me with Blake who seemed like he was proud of me. I smiled at the both of them, happy that they were on my side. Even if we had been having many disagreements lately, they were my family and I loved them. I wanted them on my side and I was glad to see that they were.

"Fighting begets fighting," Peter said to the demon hunters. "We need to stop fighting because truth is, we started this mess. Five years ago we messed up by killing an entire village that had many innocents in it. Because of that, we need to talk out a lot of things with The Demons."

The demon hunters nodded and I grew relieved. I had actually gotten through to them. Somehow I had stopped a war. I felt great about that and looking at Haiden, I smiled at him. He smiled back and I knew we would finally get our happily ever after together.

But suddenly, Peter shouted, "Watch out!"

Haiden whirled around and he crouched down as Taylor sailed above him. My eyes flew wide with horror as Haiden sprung back up and Taylor landed a meter away, looking angrier than I had ever seen him. Hate consumed the look in his eyes and I stared at him, stunned. I didn't understand what was happening.

"This wasn't how things were supposed to end!" Taylor roared, causing me to jump. "You, all of you, are supposed to be dead!"

To my surprise, Taylor was talking to The Demons. He was talking as if he wanted them dead and my heart dropped. The violence wasn't going to stop yet and staring at Taylor, I knew betrayal was the next horrible thing The Demons would have to go through.

"I should've made sure you were dead five years ago," Taylor said, lunging at Haiden again.

Haiden dodged and I gasped as I took in his words. Somehow Taylor was linked to the event five years ago. He was the true reason why everything had begun and staring at him, I found myself realizing I had been right. Taylor was heartless.