Chapter 1- Sometimes You Have To Let It All Out

Perrie took a deep breath before she started singing. There was no music, just her voice, so there was a lot of pressure on her to get everything right. If she stuffed up words or if her voice cracked, everyone would know and they'd tell everyone in the school. Perrie already had it bad enough.

Everyone held their breaths as she started singing, and they all gasped at how good she actually was. This was the first time they've actually heard Perrie sing; pitch and tones don't count as singing these days. It was the chorus, however, that everyone was absolutely stunned.

"Oh, you never brought me flowers,
Never held me in my darkest hours,
And you left it so late that my heart feels nothing, nothing in towers,
Once we were made like towers,
Everything could have been ours,
But you left it too late now my heart feels nothing, nothing at all."

It brought some girls to tears, and the boys were all yawning fakely as if they were saying that this was the most boring song they'd ever heard. Perrie knew who they were, it was all of the popular boys and a few from the group down the back. She heard the tan boy, Zayn, tell them to be quiet multiple times, but they never listened.

They ended up getting slapped across the face, as Zayn was getting frustrated with his friends. Perrie had to supress a smile; at least one person in the room appreciated her song. She finished singing, and then went quietly back to her seat, only receiving a small applause which she was happy with either way. Jade was proud of her friend, giving her a hug and a shower of compliments about her voice, her song, everything that she just did.

After music class Perrie stayed back, wanting to ask Mr Forrester if she and Jade could use the room. He agreed, so Jade texted Leigh-Anne to tell her where they were, and then they had the music room to themselves.

But they didn't. They hadn't noticed that Zayn and his group of friends had stayed back as well, and since they were at the back of the class where there was hardly any light, Zayn thought it'd be a good idea to stay back and suss out what Perrie and Jade were doing, much to the dislike of his mates and their girlfriends, not to mention his own.

He watched as Perrie took out a notebook and placed it on the ledge of the piano. Jade was watching her intently, speaking softly to her so Zayn couldn't exactly hear what they were saying. Perrie nodded, before pressing down on the keys, playing softly then gradually getting louder.

Jade started singing, Perrie joining in for the back-up vocals, when the music room door opened, forcing them to stop. They frantically looked towards the door, relaxing when they noticed it was only Leigh-Anne and Jesy.

"What are you guys doing?" Jesy asked, and Zayn only just heard it.

"Perrie asked me if we could try and duet. But it's not sounding quite right." Jade replied, frowning.

"Can we see the lyrics?" Leigh-Anne asked, already moving over to the piano. Perrie nodded and let them look at the page that was in front of her. The two pairs of eyes scanned the paper, their faces reacted to the words, and finally they both smiled and looked at each other.

"Perrie, this is brilliant." Jesy complimented, to which Perrie blushed. They all gathered around the piano, figuring out which part would be best for each girl. Jade had shown the two the video of Perrie singing in class, in front of Perrie who hadn't known about this. Jade got a slap on the arm, but the three just giggled while Perrie sat there blushing.

She was then complimented again, then they went back to the sheet in front of them. They were busy and hadn't noticed the noise of the boys escaping from the room through the back window, helping their girlfriends and even Zayn's, because they didn't want to stick around any longer.