Chapter 2

Y/N POV:

"Mom?"

I could barley recognize her. Her skin no longer had a glow and her hair wasn't in her signature bun but instead all over the place. I could help but to tear up and run to her to hug her and never let her go. Mom woke up and tried to hug me back but I guess she was too weak to. She smiled at me and told me everything was gonna be okay. She then looked at me with hope and kissed my forehead.  She sighed and asked me to leave the room so I don't feel worse. I left the room and asked had how long until she goes.

"Maybe about 4 to 6 weeks, that's what the doctor said*

"Is there nothing left to do? Have you guys tried everything? We can't lose her dad" I continue to cry then dad tells me to never give up. I decided I couldn't take anymore of it and I left the house, driving to work listening to every sad song possible. As soon as I got home I realized one little thing,

Where is Ryden?...crap.

I ran to my room and saw my little pet turtle very small turtle slowly walk past me. I smiled and picked him up I pet the top of his little head and it went right back into his shell. I giggled and put my shell friend back in his reptile tank then jumped back into bed

He's probably the only thing at this point that is still keeping me alive. Well, that and my job at Starbucks...shit I forgot I gotta go to work in...15 minutes!

I got up and quickly put on my work clothes and ran out of my apartment like it was on fire. I got in my car and drove to work.

3 minutes late

As soon as I got inside, my boss, Brent, told me to come and sit next to him.

"Is there anything wrong?" I ask sitting down, practically praying I'm not in trouble.

"Y/N I'm sorry but I gotta let you go. You've been late 4 times in the last month. I'm sorry but I can't make excuses for you."

"What? No..You don't understand I need this job. I have nothing at this point. There has to be something I can do to keep my job." I then feel my tears fall down onto my cheeks. I look at him shake his and I nod and give him work stuff and I leave.

As I sit in my car, I can't find any reason to be happy, to try to be happy, to think about happiness. I don't know why my life has to take a turn for the worst. I just sigh and drive home, but on my way I see a little bookstore. Finally noticing that I have nothing to do I go in and I accidentally bump into a girl. She had light tan skin and was a bit on the chubby side, she had red and black glasses and wild bright blue curly hair. She was wearing black and white creepers and black skinny jeans with a green shirt. She had a name tag, but the words were scribbled out.

Strange

"Oh sorry bro" she said picking up all the books she had. Being the gentle person I am I try to help but she declined my offer. She says thank you and goes into a strange book isle. I looked to to see she left one book on the ground so I picked it up and went down the isle to find her but I can't.

That's strange..she was just here. Maybe I'm just imagining things.

I sighed and was about to put the book in it's suppose to be place but I noticed the name. It was nothing special about the book. The only word on the cover was "Witchcraft" With little demons on it. It didn't look so special but it was like something was telling me to read it. I opened the book and turned the page to find a specific thing, how to sell your soul. I don't really believe in this stuff but it would be kinda amusing to do. I chuckled to myself and I thought

Might as well just buy it, not like anyone is going to.

I went to buy the book and the girl from before was I guess the owner considering she was the only person. I handed her the book and she smiled,
"Is that all,doll?"

"Um, yeah, oh and this book mark"

When I chuckled after saying that I noticed how focused she was on my face. Like she knew me or was just studying my face. She then returned to normal and smiled.

"Well the bookmark is free but the book is $4.50"

I nodded and handed her the and I asked why it's so cheap.

"...not a lot of people buy witchcraft books"

"Oh yeah." I nod and she gives me the book I was on the way to leave when so called out to me

"I'm sorry what did you say? I couldn't hear you"

She chuckled at me and smiled,"be careful with that book. It's really important to me."

I smiled and nodded and went to my car and drove off to home.

"Be careful with that book Y/N."