Chapter 31

~Mikayla~

We were finally back at our dorm and Aiden had come along. Carson's family was great. I had so much fun in England and so did Lizlee. She had pictures everywhere! I was actually glad that I brought her along. She was happy once again with Aiden. Actually I just wanted her to stop her usual ranting about how she missed Aiden and all that stuff.

Our principle had accepted Aiden to our school just like Lizlee had predicted and lucky for her he was our dorm neighbor. He was sharing a dorm with Aaron since his old roommate had moved. I never even knew who his former roommate was but oh well.

He would come over everyday to see Lizlee and let me tell you it was annoying! They were always looking at each other with such sweetness! It made me sick! Not even Carson and I were like that! Everyone in the dorm always tried to get out of there just to not be around Lizlee and Aiden. You should hear the stuff they say to each other!

For once I was actually happy that we had to stay an hour extra for choir practice. Aiden only had three of our classes and one of them was choir but since he entered late we couldn't give him a spot for the choir competition no matter how good his voice was. I would have gladly given him my spot but like our choir teacher likes to remind me everyday that we need a talented female singer. I simply just frowned at him whenever he told me that.

Angela would always to be staring at me with a devious smile on her face and I knew she was up to something. I just knew it. Still I was too busy practicing to notice much. The competition was next week and I was nervous but I never showed it. I always kept my poker face on.

I would show happiness, excitement, anger, or annoyed expressions but never any weakness. I never showed any anxiety, nervousness, or sadness in front of anyone else. I kept all those locked up inside me. I was used to it by now anyways. You learn a thing or two.

"Do it again Mikayla. You seem to be slacking off. Are you even trying? I know you can do so much better if you put the effort!" The teacher ordered. I groaned in frustration.

"I've been practicing the same verse for over an hour now and you still keep saying to do it again! Of course I'm gonna be slacking off! Lizlee and Jacob aren't even doing anything!" I pointed to them who were sitting down on the chairs looking bored. Just because they had to sing a duet together they didn't have to put in as much effort as I did.

"Fine you can go but tomorrow I expect better." He ordered and left. We had stayed two hours this time for even more practice. All the other students in the class just practiced during class. So not fair. I got my bag and then left leaving Jacob and Lizlee on their own. I met outside with Carson and then we went to go eat. Before though I went to go drop off my bag and then we went to the cafeteria.

 I just wanted food. Aiden and Lizlee soon joined. Aiden's dad had no idea that Aiden had joined our school and we were trying to keep it that way. We all got our food and then we were all in our usual table.

"Mikayla!" Jacob all of a sudden exclaimed making everyone jump except me. I don't get scared easily.

"Yes?" I asked calmly.

"Can I read the second book for The Mortal Instruments? Man I should have kept the series for myself!" He asked. I laughed.

"Too late! You gave it to me and I have no intention of returning it to you! But yeah I'll give it to you at the dorm. I told you it was interesting! But you don't listen to me!" I accused but smiled at him.

~Jacob~

Everyday was torture. Seeing Lizlee and Aiden everyday made me angry. Before it wasn't as bad since they couldn't exactly see each other everyday but now that he lived with Aaron he came over everyday. Angela has left alone for a while since she already had Carson's secret which was shocking coming from him. So it just made this even more unbearable.