Werewitch

• Dedicated to Anita Mercado

Chapter 1:

I woke up to my alarm blaring in my ear. I reached over to shut it off, but ended up knocking the clock to the floor. I grudgingly got out of bed to shut the darn thing off, and headed to the bathroom to get ready for school.

I looked in the mirror and my black hair was a mess! Looked like I was electrocuted a hundred times over! I jumped in the shower and let the hot water just pour over me. I must have had some wicked awesome dream to wake up looking the way I did. Although I don't remember the dream, I sure did sleep pretty good for the first time all month!

After washing up, I got out and brushed my teeth and hair. I got dressed in my favorite black skinny jeans and a lime green off the shoulder sweater. I checked the time and about had a heart attack! Avalina was gonna kill me for being late for breakfast again! I hurried and put some eyeliner and mascara on, grabbed my book bag and ran out the door.

Avalina is my best friend since forever! She's lived next door to me since we were both in diapers and did almost everything together! We almost look alike too! We both have very long black hair, she wears hers in a ponytail all the time and I either have mine in a bun or hanging loosely. We both have black eyes, except hers are big and round while mine are almond shaped. She has a few freckles on her nose and I don't, and I'm a few inches shorter than her. We could really pass as sisters for real. It wouldn't matter anyways, because we practically are.

Of course, as expected, Avalina was waiting in the "mess hall" waiting for me with a very annoyed look on her face. "It's about time slow poke!", she said a little too dramatic.

"Sorry Ava, the shower felt too good to get out in a hurry!" I said not really feeling sorry at all. "Besides, I don't see what all the fuss is about anyways! So, I'm a few minutes late, big deal! It's not as if we are going to be late for anything special. It's just breakfast," I told her.

 "Yes, and its the most important meal of the day, so lets hurry up and eat." Ava retorted sarcastically, with a hint of seriousness in her tone.

 "Yes mother!" I said rolling my eyes.

We ate and talked about our plans for the weekend. We both were going to go home and see our families. I hadn't been home this whole month due to a ton of homework that I needed to do. Basically just two research papers. But it took me a long time to finish them, even with no distractions! I mean, what was Mrs. Nelson thinking?? But I finally got them done, and now I can go see my mom and dad. I'm an only child, and Avalina has a younger brother and little sister.

We finished our food, and headed to our class. Mrs. Nelson hadn't arrived yet, so we took our seats and continued talking about the weekend. There were some students throwing wadded up pieces of paper at each other and a few others reading. Our teacher entered the class along with a new student.

She cleared her throat to get everyone's attention and announced, "Attention everyone, we have a new student, his name is Antony Caseras." She motioned for him to find a seat and started the lesson for the day.

He was tall, dark, and handsome....er..I should say down right SEXY!!! I couldn't stop staring, and I think he noticed because when he passed by me he winked. I could feel my cheeks heat up and I looked away. I turned to Avalina and mouthed the word 'WOW' to her and she nodded in agreement. He had his shiny black hair slicked back with his sun glasses propped on top of his head. He wore a black muscle shirt and loose fitting dark blue jeans.