Choices and Consequences

"In the long run,we shape our lives, and we shape ourselves. The process never ends until we die. And the choices we make are ultimately our own responsibility." - Eleanor Roosevelt

Chapter 4~

Alicia looked at her nails and sighed. Just a few seconds ago, Richie was asking Alicia would she and Richie Jr move in with him.

I don't know? Should I move in with him? Ughhhh. Alicia thought.

"No, Richie. I'm sorry," Alicia looked into his eyes. "I can't. I think I just messed up by sleeping with you especially since we aren't together."

Richie looked at his baby's mother. She was so beautiful. He knows he messed up but a second chance was all he wanted. "Alicia, it wasn't a mistake! Tell me you ain't in love with me and then I'll know it was a mistake."

Alicia stood up and pointed to her front door. "Leave, Richie! I'm so fucking dumb! How could I," she looked at her shoes and tried to find the words to express her feelings. "How could I be so damn gullible? You fucked me over the first time so there is no second chance. Bye, Richie!"

"No, there is no bye cause' I ain't leaving. You love me and I know it! I want us to be a family, Alicia! I want to start fresh with you. I messed up but I was just young, dumb, and confused about life. What will it take for you to see that I'm serious about you- about us?"

There was a moment of silence. Alicia was thinking of what to say and Richie was waiting for a response.

"Why now, Richie? Out of all times, why did you come back now?"

"Because I was thinking last night, about us and the times we shared. I was remembering the love we shared and I was wondering why I was so sad. I realized it was you that was missing in my life. You was the joy in my life. You made me happy and a better person!You and my son. We supposed to be together not separate."

"Richie cut the bullshit!"

"THERE IS NO BULLSHIT! THIS REAL!" He said and put his hand on his heart. "I'm pouring my heart out to you and I wouldn't do this for no other, woman so why don't you see I'm serious about us! I love you, Alicia."

The front door opened and in walked her sisters and her mother. All of her sisters couldn't stand Richie. They hated his guts ever since he left Alicia and her son.

"What the hell?" Ms. Genova said. "Why are you here? Get the hell outta of my house!"

"Ms. Genova, I'm trying to be a good man and step up to the plate." Richie said.

"Well it's to late for all that don't you think? Your son is five months old, for Gods sake! Alicia doesn't need you anyways cause' she got her own job!"

"Ma, can I just talk to him for a second?" Alicia asked.

She sighed. "Girls go to y'all room," she said and all the girls slowly walked away. Her mother gave Richie one last glare and headed to her room.

"Look, I think it's best you leave."

"Really? Man fuck this shit then! I came her trying to be a good man and you acting like a bitch! I'm gone."

Alicia sighed and sat down on the couch. She didn't really have anything else to say to him.

"Excuse you, nigga? Did you just call my sister a bitch?" Veeta said coming out the kitchen.

He turned and looked at Veeta. "What if I did? What the fuck you gone do about it?"

"Beat yo a-"

"SHUT UP," Alicia said and looked at Richie. "GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY HOUSE AND STAY PUT MUTHERFUCKER!"

He sighed. "Whatever! I'm gone anyways. Fuck this shit and have fun at work tonight!"

Alicia blushed of embarrassment. She rushed over towards him blocking the door.

"What, what are you talking about?"

"Yeah, I know about you. Saw yo ass last night shaking yo ass for some cash!" He laughed and walked out the house, pushing Alicia aside.

"What is he talking about?" Veeta asked seriously.

"Nothing, Veeta just let it go. He's stupid, you know that."

Veeta put her hands on her hips and sighed. She didn't believe her sister at all but she let it go. She would save this conversation for later but for now she had to go finish cooking.

"Whatever. Just get out of my face!" Veeta said with and attitude. She was disappointed in her sister.

Alicia sighed and walked upstairs. She checked on her son. He was still sleeping. She felt bad for her son and herself. She felt she was the stupidest girl on earth right now. Richie had once again used her. He did love her but he liked to use that to his advantage. Alicia felt dumb. She felt like she wasn't being smart. She slept with someone who hadn't even wanted anything to do with her a few days ago, that's what made her feel so dumb.

She lays on her bed and checks the time. It's 3:09 and her shift doesn't start til 1:00 tonight.

If I go early at like 8:00 I'll get a whole bunch of money! Alicia thought.

She decided she would nap for awhile.

(Alicia POV~ )

I stretched. I felt shitty when I woke up. I'm am not a hoe cause I slept with Richie, I'm just stuck on stupid. I need to get over him but it's hard. He was my first love but sometimes moving on is this best thing for everybody, even Richie Jr.

I decided I should go to Trays house and apologize. I probably hurt his feelings when I told him to leave but I wasn't functioning correctly when I saw that ugly boy.

I got dressed in a Nike jumpsuit and headed to Trays house. He lives down the street so the walk was nothing.

I knocked on his door and his mother came to the door.

"Hey, baby! How you doing?" Mrs. Viven said.

I smiled. "I'm great Ms. Viven. Is Tray here? Can he come out?"

She nodded. "I'll send him out."

I sat down on the porch steps and pulled out my flip phone. Yeah, I said flip phone. Times is tough at our house. It's ten kids at our house and our dad is in the army, barely ever home.

It's me, Veeta, Lili, Lala, Lele, Taylor, Naomi, Kylie, and Daja. Yup. All of us have the same same mommy and daddy.

{Veeta- 17, Alicia-16, Naomi- 17,Lili- 15, Lala- 9, Lele- 9, Taylor-10,Kylie- 11, and Daja- 12.}

"Hey, Licia." Tray said knocking me out of my thoughts.

I smiled and sighed. Stressed wasn't the word for how I was feeling. "Hey, Tray. I just wanted to apologize for putting you out earlier. I wasn't thinkin' straight and... I'm stupid and gullible."

"Aw, it's okay Licia. Shit I know how it feels to be in love. Remember Raven?"

I nodded. That was Tray's last girlfriend. He was so in love with her but she moved to Texas last year. That broke Trays little heart especially when she started posting pictures with new boys.

"Yup. I remember her."

"I was in love with her but I had to move on. I can't sit around mopping about somebody that moved on. You shouldn't either, Alicia. You too pretty to be sad about his punk ass. Fuck him."

I nodded. Everything he was saying was true. I needed to move on but it was easier said then done. I was dumb when It came to love.

"You're right. I'm gone move on. I'm gone find somebody that can love my son and myself."

"Good cause Richie ain't gone treat you right."

(Tray POV~)

I don't see why Alicia stick with that nigga. He don't really treat her right and I don't know why. She's beautiful. If I had her I would treat her like the queen she is.

"Thanks. I'm gone get ready for work." She checks her watch. "Yeah, it's 8:00. I'm going to go early today."

"Oh, well remember what I said, Licia. You're to pretty for his ass. Find somebody who gone treat you right."

She nodded. "I will. I'm gone find em'. He out there somewhere."

ME. YOU DON'T GOTTA LOOK FAR..

"Yeah he out there." I said wanting to tell her I'm the guy she looking for but I ain't got enough guts to tell her.

She hugged me and left the porch. Her body is amazing. She's always had a nice body but when she had Richie she got a little thicker and her ass ain't never looked better....

I went back inside the house and my mom was on the couch watching something on CNN. I hate that channel with a passion. I hate politics.

"Ma, turn from this." I said.

"No, you know I love this channel. I love politics it's...."

She babbled on but I payed her no attention. There is nothing you can say that can make me like this shit. I went upstairs to my room and called my pops. I missed his ass but him and my mom divorced and can't stand each other. I visit him on the weekends and I'm gone see him soon. It's Thursday.

"Hello?" My dad said confused. He never knew how to use a phone. "Who the hell is this playin' on my phone?"

"Dad, it's me! Whatsup?" I asked.

"Son? Oh, hey my son! I'm chillin' like a villian!" He said trying his best to sound hip as he likes to call it.

"Dad stop it! Are you picking me up tomorrow?" I asked.

"Of course. I'll be there at 8:00."

"Good. See ya later dad."

"Bye son." He said and hung up the phone.

I put my phone down and thought about Alicia. I remember the first day I looked at Alicia different. I was used to her playing with us but she had devolved boobs and an ass. Something, at the age 13, I liked.

Flashback:

We stood outside with the sun beaming on us. It was hot as hell and we were still outside playing Tag. Everyone was outside except for Alicia. We was waiting on her but she hadn't came out so we continued playing. Just as we started Alicia came outside. She had on some short shorts and a tank top. All the boys were drooling. She looked cute and actually girly for once. She usually wore boy clothes but not today. She looked beautiful. Her hair was even in a girly style today and it's usually covered with a hat.

"Hey you guys! What y'all doing?" Alicia asked.

"Look at you! What happened to you? You look nice.." Bo exclaimed.

"Whatever, Bo. Let's play tag."

We began a game and I chased her around. I finally caught her. Her ass was pressed against my manhood and I was getting hard. I pushed her away.

"Whattt?" she asked confused.

"Nothing. I'm going in see you tomorrow..
" I ran in the house.

That day I realized I wanted Alicia as more than a friend and I couldn't just keep her as a friend but she doesn't know that and I plan on keeping it that way. She don't want me and I don't wanna ruin our relationship.

(Alicia POV~)

I walked into the strip club for the second time. I was ready to dance my ass off today. I wanted this money and I needed this money. I went intuit the dressing rooms and spotted Candy covering her eye with makeup.

"Hey, Candy." I said. "You good?"

She jumped from her seat and sighed. "You scared the shit out of me but I'm good. I bumped my eye messing with my daughter."

"Oh, you're here early." I said.

She nodded. "Yeah, I come early cause extra money don't hurt nobody. My daughter and I living good cause of this job."

I nodded. "That great. I plan on moving my son and myself to somewhere nice. Somewhere in the suburbs."

She put her makeup down and looked at me. "Shake your ass good enough tonight and you gone have enough money for your condo already."

"You think so?"

"I know so. Gone and get dressed, pretty."

I got dressed in a pink monokini and 3 inch pumps. I guess lap dances and private dances won't hurt until it's time for me to finally dance.

I went around and gave a few lap dances. I had already collected $102 from just a few dances. What I really needed was to find a baller.

I noticed the VIP section was filled with rappers. Lil Pau, B- Banks, and Fresh was here. They were upcoming rappers but known by everyone in the Chicago area. These were some of my favorite rappers in the world but I couldn't let them know that. I walked past them a couple times and then I felt a tug.

"Hey," one of their security guards said. "Lil Pau wants a lap dance."

I smiled and all I could see was dollar signs. I just needed this money. I walked into the VIP section.

There was bitches, weed, drinks, and ballers. I smiled at Lil Pau and got on his lap.

"You want a lap dance, baller?" I whispered sexily in his ear.

His bit his lip. "Yeah, ma. You can do that for me?"

I nodded and went to work. I knew he was satisfied when I was done because he was hard.

"Ay, why you working here? You much too pretty to be working here." He said as I got off of his lap.

I blushed a little. "I gotta provide for my son. He's five months and his daddy is an ass."

He nodded. "I can help you out! I got video auditions for my new song on Wednesday. I'm gone make sure you get you a part ma. You'll get paid about $2,000 - $5,000 depending on the part you take."

I gasped. That's big money.

"I'll be there. I do need the address and everything though."

He nodded. He pulled out a card from his pocket and handed it to me. "That is everything you'll need to know. See you around, beautiful and I don't expect to see you here no more."

I giggled. "I'm gone be here as long as I need to provide for my son. So don't expect not to see me either."

He laughed and I dismissed myself. I got a $500 from the little dance I gave to Lil Pau. So far I got $600! That's a decent amount of money. With the money I'll make when it's my turn to dance I'm gone be good and I might just be able to buy a condo.

I went back to the dressing room and saw Candy dancing with Drama. They was getting it no lie. I needed to learn a little something from them.

"Get it y'all!" I said.

They stopped and looked at me. "Girl we was practicing for our dance. We going on in like a few minutes."

~

"Now we wanna welcome our newest, Princess! Get out here, baby!"

I walked on stage and to say I was nervous was an understatement but you know I had to get this dough for my baby.

Grind on me began playing. I started rolling my body and doing splits. Them men were going crazy. I twirled around and started twerking. I was killing it. I stood straight and grabbed my money as the song ended. I had made $1,345 from that one dance. I couldn't wait to get home and count the total amount of money I had.

I got dressed in my jump suit and started to leave but not before I saw Richie. Why he was here? I don't know but I was highly irritated.

"Hey, Princess!" he said and laughed.

I sighed and just kept walking. I didn't feeling like wasting a breath on him.

"You like shaking yo' ass in front of crowds?" Richie asked. "I always knew you was a hoe."

HOE?

"Excuse me? I'm a hoe because I'm providing for my baby the best way I know how? I ain't gettin' no help from his trifling daddy so I guess I'm just going to continue and be a hoe you faggot!" I said as I sat at the just stop. I'll be glad when I get a car cause taking he bus ain't for me!

"Whatever. See you around." He said and walked away.

I hate him but I love him! I'm so confused at this point in my life.

(Authors POV)

Alicia got home safely and went to her room to count her money. It was 1:30 by the time she got home. She had 2,947 dollars from all the money she had gotten today and from the day before. She felt a little but happier. She'd be getting a condo soon enough.

She checked on Richie and he was just playing with his fingers. Alicia smiled at her son and gently rocked him to sleep. When he fell asleep, Alicia fell asleep too.

.•.•.•.•.•.•.
Authors Note:

Hey 👋

I think this is a decent sized Chapter. No complaints please!

Sorry for ANY mistakes

Feedback? Suggestions?

- Author 💕