Chapter 9: Intruder Alert

Phoenix POV

I was walking around the base: looking for something to do. Rumble and I had gone our separate ways after we finished training. I looked into the main room to see some of the Autobots giving me suspicious glares. I simply decided to shrug them off and continue walking. Not noticing where I was, I daydreamed. Rumble seemed like an amazing, protective mech. He made my tank float every time I'm around him. Ombra seems to be doing what's best for me. I understand why she did it. But I had to get the information to Ratchet. It could help a lot. I just hope he'll be able to sort through it just fine. I'll have to ask him or Ombra later.

A sudden loud bang came from my right side and I jumped, seeing I was in the prisoner ward next to my Sire's cell. His peds banged against the wall, startling me. His mouth covered with a muzzle and his servos tied tighter. I sighed and walked away, ignoring him. I could hear his vent of frustration and I smiled. I wish there was a way that Rumble and I could spend some time together.

I was wandering the halls for longer than I could remember, passing different rooms- some of them I couldn't even name, but as I passed one, I noticed a predicon tail. I peeked in and noticed Rumble.

Normal POV

Rumble: *Presses button on a small device*

*Device starts playback of Fur Elise*

Rumble: *Hums along with the playback - closes optics*

Phoenix: *Smiles and walks on quietly*

Rumble: *Notices Phoenix* Oh hey! I was hoping to see you!

Phoenix: *Optics turn pink and looks away* y- you were?

Rumble: Yeah, come here! I've got all this stuff I want to show you.

Phoenix: Ok.... *Walks over, tying to get optics to change*

Rumble: *Turns knob on device - playback grows slightly quieter* I've been studying the humans for a while and during that time, I learned many things. Such as the interesting devices they use in their daily life. This was one of them. It's used to playback a series of rhythmic sounds.

Phoenix: *Chuckles* Rumble, the rhythmic sounds you hear is called music- or a song. But I've never known about a device that plays them.

Rumble: Ah, Music. Well...this is my favorite song. 'Fur Elise'. I wish I could find how to recreate these sounds.... *playback ends*

Phoenix: What do you mean recreate? Like play them?

Rumble: Yeah, play them. In a pattern similar to this.... Oh! *Goes over to another device* This is used to view films, which are moving images paired with Music and other sounds or voices to create a digital reenactment of significant events.

Phoenix: *Blushes and tries to shake it off* Miko has a favorite movie. She talks about it all the time. I just don't know what it is.

Rumble: I've gotten this to work a few times before... I think... But I'm still working on it now...

Phoenix: What do you plan on doing with it?

Rumble: Trying to get it to work properly. *Starts tweaking wires around*

Phoenix: I mean after that..... *looks at the other devices*

Rumble: I don't know... Its just kind of a fun hobby I can do in my spare time..

Phoenix: *Laughs and reaches out for a device*

Rumble: *Connects two wires*

*Device flicks on - beams light at wall*