Dad Stuff: He Finds Out You're Pregnant (Part 1)

P O E

You had been waiting for this moment all day. You'd known you were pregnant for awhile now. About two weeks in. But you hadn't been for sure and you wanted to wait a little while more to know. And now you did! You were going to have a baby and you knew Poe would be thrilled.

It would also be perfect news for him when he got back from his mission. He'd been gone for about half a week and you knew that he would be excited. Leia knew. You didn't even have to tell her. She knew. She knows everything.

Leia held your hand as you watched the three X-wings landed on the runway. People ran towards our three heroes, especially Poe. But Poe wasn't paying attention to any of them. He made immediate eye contact with you and rushed towards you.

"Hey Tinker Bell!" He said, kissing you.

You pulled back and smiled. "Poe, I have something to tell you." You told him, holding his hands.

"What?" He said, concern washing over his face. "Y/N what's wrong?"

"Poe...I'm pregnant." You said.

You watched Poe's face as he seemed to be processing the entire thing. First he looked extremely confused. Then he started to smile. Then he started to really smile to the point where it was kind of creepy. Then he started bouncing on his toes.

"Say it again." He said, giddily.

"Poe, I'm pregnant." You repeated.

Poe took you up in his arms and spun you around. "Are you serious?! I'm...I'm..."

"You're going to be father." You nodded.

Poe smiled and kissed you again.

F I N N

At first you didn't even think it was a possibility that you were pregnant. You thought you'd just been gaining weight, due to your pregnancy craving which you thought was just you being your usual self. One of colleagues and close friends brought it up one evening.

"You've been eating quite a lot haven't you?" (S)he said.

"Haven't I? I mean...I've just been eating so much. I've never eaten like this before. Can I tell you something though?"

BF/N (best friends name) nodded.

"It's been a month now and I still haven't had my period. I'm not saying I'm pregnant...but I think I'm pregnant." You told her.

BF/N nodded. "No I know what you mean. I mean you have been gaining weight pretty rapidly and I've never seen that ever when I was working here have you?" (S)he asked.

You shook your head. BF/N gave you a small package. "You know what to do." (S)he said, nodding towards the bathroom.

You laughed and went to the bathroom. After peeing on the stick you waited about a minute or so for the results. Then you looked down. A small pink '+' looked right back you. You smiled. Finn was going to freak.

•••

Finn freaked.

Watching him react was like watching a funny Saturday cartoon. He was practically bouncing off the walls chanting;