Chapter 2

Hey, so someone asked for a second chapter! *squeals* Oops I also wrote this really fast and now I need to go to bed.

Phil had beat up all of the people Dan named. Dan walked into school, Chris and PJ both talking loudly over each other until Dan had managed to get it out of them. Dan sucked in a breath and wondered if Phil would even look at him. After all he was just plain old, short Dan. And maybe he hadn't meant anything that night at the party.

Feeling hopeless, Dan went to his first class of the day, English. He sat down in the corners, adjusted his flower crown, and pulled out his pencils.

"Hey, Dan." Dan watched in amazement as Phil plopped down beside him, putting his feet on the table.

"Hi," Dan responded timidly. Phil grinned at him and slouched lower. The teacher walked in and immediately told Phil to get his feet off the table. When Phil obeyed, the teacher was so shocked that he stood there for a few seconds leading to most of the room turning and staring at Dan and Phil.

After everyone had turned around, Phil stole his flower crown and twirled it around his fingers. Dan couldn't bring himself to care.

"Meet me after school?" Phil asked as the rest of the class piled out.

"Okay," Dan said, looking up into Phil's blue eyes.
-
Dan didn't know where Phil wanted to meet him so he stood outside in the front. After thirty minutes, he gave up and walked home, trying not to cry. Does Phil really hate me that much?

Dan curled up on his bed and let the tears down his cheeks. He knew he didn't really know Phil that well, but he thought that all the talking they did meant something. Apparently not.

"Oi!" Dan gasped and fell off his bed. He squeezed his eyes shut and wished he could just disappear. He hoped whoever it was would go away. Then suddenly he was being picked up by someone. He squeaked and was tossed on to his bed.

"This is like the party all over again," Phil smirked, reaching out and straightening Dan's flower crown again. Dan didn't know what to think.

"Where were you?" Dan looked so hurt.

"The principle wanted to talk to me, didn't you wait?" Phil's tone was gentle.

"Yeah, half an hour." Dan sniffed.

Aww. Phil pulled Dan into his lap and hugged him close. "You're so cute ugh." Dan giggled and Phil's stomach dropped. "You have dimples!" Dan blushed and tried to hide his face. Phil started to tickle him.

"Ah-Phil no stop! Ph-oh! N-no!" Dan shrieked and laughed. Phil finally stopped only to lean back and look at the disheveled, cute boy, breathless with laughter.

"I'm sorry. For leaving you there." Phil whispered.

"That's okay." Dan quietly lay there staring at Phil. He ran his eyes up and down a couple of times before checking to see if he had been caught. Phil's gaze was doing the same thing and Dan couldn't help but sigh.

"You're checking me out?" Dan asked.

"Oh please, like you weren't just doing the same thing," Phil replied, without tearing his gaze from Dan's hair. Dan giggled and Phil felt another pang.

He's so cute.