TWENTY-SEVEN

❝but she was the city and he was the tsunami that destroyed her

❝but she was the city and he was the tsunami that destroyed her.❞

RAIN WAS CLASHING against every object, colliding with the earth

RAIN WAS CLASHING against every object, colliding with the earth. It made it's usual calming sound, causing all four of us to almost doze off in the car.

We've been waiting inside the car for over an hour now and we've heard absolutely no sounds coming from the house, which made me extremely worried. "Naomi, Dallas can take care of himself. He'll be fine. I promise." Soda assured me for the thousandth time today. 

I took a deep breath. "Well, I'm sorry. I just figured if he had to kill somebody, there would be noise. We haven't heard any." 

"Maybe they have a soundproof basement." Steve suggested, making me nod my head. 

"Possibly, but if he doesn't come out after thirty more minutes, I'm going back in there." 

They all three looked at me like I had two legs sticking out of my head. "Are you crazy? Do you know how terrified I was in there? I am not going back." Two-Bit shook his head repeatedly, Steve agreeing with him. 

I sighed, turning towards Soda. He looked torn between two decisions. I shook my head. "It's fine, Soda. I'll go in there by myself." 

"No, Dallas would beat the hell out of me if I let you do that." He grabbed my wrist in protest. 

I chuckled. "We can't guarantee if Dallas is even alive." 

"Don't talk like that, Naomi. Have a little hope." Soda frowned. 

I laughed sarcastically, tears falling down my face once again. "Hope? I'm sorry, Soda, but you're asking for one thing I don't have! If I have hope and I walk in there, thinking he's alive when really he's not, what's that setting me up for? It's better if I already think he's dead."