Chapter 6

Chapter 6

I was shocked at what Malfoy had just asked me. I took a step back and sat down in a chair. He looked at me nervous waiting for my answer, but I couldn't say anything, honestly I was shocked. I didn't know what to say. He was supposed to be the person that I hated, and yet in this moment I didn't. He was just a guy who had feelings and who cared about me.

"No"

He looked at me in shock.

"What?"

"I said no Draco"

"Why?"

"Because we know nothing about each other. The only thing I know about you is that you hate anyone who isn't a pureblood and you hate my brother. Not really the best way to start off a relationship. We need to be friends first, then maybe if we still like each other we can date. You'll have plenty of opportunities to see me throughout the day. I mean we are going to be in class together."

He looked at me confused.

"What are you talking about?"

"I took a few tests before the start of the year and Dumbledore bumped me and Ginny up to second years."

"Seriously, you and Weasley?"

"Yes, and if you want to be friends you're going to have to play nice with my brother and my friends."

"I'll try anything for you. I can't get you out of my head."

I get up and go and sit on his lap.

"This doesn't mean were together, Draco but..." I trail off and he gets what I mean and leans up and kisses me. I smile into the kiss and then hear a door open.

"I mean I saw her walk out of the Great Hall but I don't know where she went." I hear Harry say.

I jump off of Draco's lap and stand in front of him.

Harry, Ron and Hermione walk in and gasp.

"Malfoy what are you doing with my little sister?" Harry says and walks over to me and pulls me away from him.

"Harry seriously?" I yell

"He's evil Gabby why can't you see that?"

"Because not everyone is evil."

"No not everyone, but he is"

"Harry back off." Hermione says

"So you're siding with Malfoy Mione?"

"Of course not! I'm siding with your sister. She sees the good in everyone, why can't you listen to her for once?"

"Hermione you of all people know how he is. Why would I trust him around my sister?"

"Because I'm not trying to do anything Potter." Draco said.

"Why would I listen to you Malfoy, you're just trying to get close to me for some diabolical reason. Your using Gabrielle in this sick plot and I won't stand for it. You will stay away from her."

"Harry! Listen to me he's not trying anything he is a decent person." I say

"Because he isn't. You need to stay away from him."

I storm out of the classroom and into the Great Hall. It was beginning to empty as kids began to head to class. I headed over to Percy and sat down next to him. He looked at me for a second and then looked away.

"Percy I'm sorry for lying to you. I really am, I don't want you to be mad at me. I've already got Harry mad."

He looked over at me again and his eyes softened and put his arm around me.

"Why is Harry mad at you this time?" He asked

"I was hanging out with Draco, I don't see why Harry doesn't like him. He's not that bad, I mean from what I can tell he isn't."

"Gabby, he's your brother, he's looking out for you. It's the same with Ron, George, Fred, Bill, Charlie and myself when we are with Ginny. We don't want you guys to get hurt or be in danger. Harry and Malfoy don't like each other. Malfoys family were death seaters when He Who Must Not Be Named was in power. For all Harry knows the Malfoys could have known what was going to happen the night that He killed your parents. Harry just doesn't want anything to happen to you. None of us do."

"I get that but Harry should trust me enough to know that I'm capable of making my own decisions about who to hang out with."

"Just give him time. I'm sure if you really do prove to him that Malfoy isn't up to something then he may believe you, but until then he is your brother and you should respect him. He's only looking out for you, we all are."

"I know Percy."

Harry walks into the Great Hall and spot me next to Percy, he lifts his hand and points to the door he had just walked into.

"Looks like I'm in for another lecture"

"I hope not, find me later and tell me what happens Gabby"

"Okay Percy" I hug Percy and walk towards the door.

"So are you going to yell at me again?" I say walking past him.

He grabs my arm and makes me stop.

"No, yelling never seems to work anyways. It only makes me realize how wrong I am in the long run. I'm sorry, yet again, I realize you can make your own decisions and if you think that Malfoy isn't up to something then I believe you. But the second that he does something to make me think he's using you, I will murder him. Deal?"