Part thirteen:

'Magnus, when that special person comes along they will always have time for you and to love you.... Even if they have to make sacrifices.' I could hear the words of my mother echoing in my head, bouncing around as if it was trying to find a way out. Alec always makes time for me... But tonight was meant to be special and he decided to leave me at the table to finish our wine.

It had been 10 minuets and Alec still hadn't come out of the bedroom, so I decided to wash up and put everything away. When I was half done Alec finally appeared, he was his normal self but seemed to be in a sweat. "Magnus, sorry for that. The club needed to know something about fights that are booked next week." He walked behind me and wrapped his hands around my waist whilst resting his chin on my shoulder. I was at the sink washing up when he did so, my hand of corse wet.... I quickly turned around and splashed him in the face, drenching him with water. I giggled uncontrollably holding my ribs, his face both playful and tinged with anger. "Ah okay is this pay back then?" He laughed in between his words.
"If that's what you like to call it." I ran behind the table Alec on other side, trying to escape his capture. With out noticing Alec had a cup of water in his hands motioning it in my direction. "Alec....no." I became tense but also mischievous. He began chasing me round the table until he caught me in his grip and poured the water down the back of my shirt. It was cold as it trickled down my spine but I was able to jump free from his grip. "Omg.... Alexander." Creases formed in the corners of our eyes, we have never had this much fun.

We continued the water fight for a while until we were drenched to our skin. "Magnus was this all just to get me to take my shirt off?" Alec sounded sarcastic.... But it wasn't a bad thought.
"Well Alexander, I wouldn't have to saturate you in water to do that now would I?" I walked closer to Alec pulling him in from his hips. "I love you Alexander..." I whispered.
"I love you more Magnus..." There was a silence between us as we just stared at each other, his eyes like a crystal blue sky. But that's the thing, there was no awkwardness between us.... I could quite happily stand there, look into his eyes, and get lost in a hopeless daydream.

The intimate stare broke and Alec offered to clean up the water all over the floor. The kittens helped too by licking it off the floor... A little unsanitary but whatever made them happy was fine with me. We went to bed early that night, Alec's tried body laying worn out next to mine and the bright moon peeking through the small slit in the curtains.

The night was rather cold but like always Alec's skin was warm and mellow. We laid down talking for hours face to face, skin to skin. I wasn't tired but I could see it in Alec's eyes as he was trying desperately to keep them open. "Alexander.... Why don't you just go to sleep my love?" I swiped back the curls on his face while I started to stroked the small gap in between his eye brows tracing the curve with my finger, this always made him fall asleep. "Magnus ..... I personally believe that there just simply isn't enough hours in the day to witness the elegance of your face and the beauty of your words." He was half a sleep saying so with the occasional yawn but it was still cute. I'm so lucky to have him..... He is quite literally my world.

Before I could reply Alec was gone, fast asleep next to me. I still wasn't tired so I just laid there, but the more I lay there the more I began to think back to Alec's phone calls. Maybe I'm just being paranoid but in the end I'm going to have to confront him about it.

I'll leave it for now and I'll ask him next time.... Even though that's what I've said for the past 27 times.