I knew it was time to go; even if they weren't all going to check. Right when I noticed they were looking the other way, I made a dash for it. To be careful, I picked up my knees.

They were too oblivious to the rock I had thrown to even send a glance my way. I wasn't going to lie; it was a challenge to get to the edge of the lawn. It wasn't your normal front yard, if I'm not mistaken. The iron cage blended in well; considering it was in the middle of the night.

Since I had quite a small frame, I easily slipped through the bars. My suitcase, on the other hand, was a different story. Why had I packed so many things? I was starting to regret that decision, but I knew I would be thankful later.

After a few falls and rolls, I managed to squeeze my bag between the bars. The weight seemed like it was finally off my shoulders, but it felt as if I were missing something. I, of course, ignored the feeling and continued on.

As much as I wanted to crash right here, I knew that wasn't possible. I would be caught before the sun even rises. I don't have much time until they find out I'm gone; it wouldn't be a pretty sight. I could imagine Jeremy's eyes on fire. Shuddering at the thought, I moved swiftly.

It was so sudden; I was frozen like an ice pop. A loud wailing sound made me cover my ears. Had they already found me? Without a second thought, I jumped into the closest bush. I hissed in pain when multiple pricks stabbed my skin.

"Crap," I whispered quietly, placing my hands over my ears again.

I could just picture it now; the frantic shouts about me escaping. The smile on Phoenix's face; pleased that I was finally out of his life. He was, after all, avoiding me. Did I do something to anger him? Oh wait, he's hated me the second I walked through that door.

Every time I moved an inch, the pain got worse. I needed to leave, no matter of how much pain I'm in. Hesitating, I dash out of the bush like lightning. I almost let a scream out of my mouth, but it caught in my throat. Everything hurt so much; it was almost unbearable

I breathed in short pants as I ran for my life. Okay, maybe I was overreacting a bit. The last thing I heard from behind me was the frantic shouts and calls for their soon to be 'princess' on the loose.

It was a long time before I even saw the any sign of lights. I was currently just dragging my suitcase on a deserted road. And no, it wasn't much fun. I was quite starving, if I say so myself. Maybe it wasn't such a bad idea to stop on the side of the road to eat.

I sat down on the soft grass and zipped open the suitcase. Mine as well stay here for the rest of the night; it wouldn't do any harm, I guess. I tugged out the large blanket and formed a pillow, placing it under me.

I reached in for some snacks, hungrily opening them without any mercy. My stomach growled at just the sight of the food that was in front of me. I also got out a water bottle, placing it beside me. I ripped open the wrapper and dug into the food.

After a while of walking, not to mention that I was covered in thorns, I got used to the pain. I knew it would get infected if I didn't treat it, but I didn't have much of a choice. I don't even know of how many there are stuck in my skin.

I tried to count them, but lost track after a while. I must have jumped into a thorn bush.

"Of course I did, idiot," I mumbled aloud.

Once I was satisfied, I lied down on the grass. Oddly enough, the ground was soft enough to lie down on. The drizzling was the only thing that was bugging me. Sighing loudly, I threw the remains of my food in the suitcase and shut it.

Giving one last sigh, I threw the blanket over my head and let sleep take its course.

____________________________________________________