Spotlight Author: Ascension2197

If you had to describe yourself in one word, what words wouldn't you use?

I wouldn't use things like athletic, social or even generally nice! I speak my mind, which I arguably place too much emphasis on.

What was your nickname at school?

Limp-leg, on account of my cerebral palsy.

Fan Fiction is a little bit like Marmite, you either love it or you hate it. On which end of that scale do you sit?

I'm OK with some quality Star Wars and Harry Potter fanfiction, but otherwise the genre should die in a fire.

As your crew cast your lifeless body into the core of the nearest star, list three pieces of music likely to be rattling the bulkheads.

Space Oddity by David Bowie, Alpha by C418 and Landmass by The Future Sound of London.

The Earth is, at some point, gonna' die. There's nothing we can do about it, certainly not realistically and definitely not with our current technological level. Of all the things that could possibly destroy our homeworld though, which do you think is the most likely and why?

I don't think much at all could destroy a six-sextillion ton ball of rock, but as for making it uninhabitable, well, humans are gonna cause a mass extinction in one hundred/two hundred years, so why bother? Oooh I'd love it though if a probe in the future came across a massive structure capable of ending the universe :) No biggie.

What is your favourite quote?

"I have seen people who think the future is pre-ordained and they can't do anything about it look before they cross the road"- Stephen Hawking.

If an alien race was, unbeknownst to us, watching and studying us from afar, what do you think their primary findings would be?

That a very lonely, very stupid race was trying to find them. Emphasis on WAS.

The Technological Singularity presents a rather daunting, some say inevitable, future. Does the prospect of that level of Artificial Intelligence excite you, or make you quake in your boots?

Oh great, it's gonna be like the Great Industrialisation of 2045 all over again... Wait, pretend I didn't say that. I am not a British spy sent from 2062. NO, NO I HAVE NOT EVER TIME TRAVELLED WHAT ARE YOU ON ABOUT...

And finally, any words of wisdom for new and aspiring writers?

Never give up. I know it sounds corny but if you keep procrastinating it, it'll be much harder when you actually get around to it. And if you're a future spy (totally unlike me) watch out for the Temporal E...

Enforcement Team- they'll erase you. Wait- they're here! HELP HELP NO PLEASE-

*ray gun zap*

*light far out in the universe fades*