one

jacks pov

"i understand that mads, but its been a while since ive seen her. ill be home before you know it." i explain to madison.

she's been sitting here for the past hour trying to convince me not to go to spain. ive already made up my mind and her opinion isn't going to change that.

and ive already told luna that i was coming.

"but jack, you'll be gone for almost three months." she whines. "thats way too long."

i dont respond to her as i continue to pack all of my bags up. i hear her huff as she walks in front of me, blocking me from retrieving my clothes from my dresser.

"how do i know that you wont try anything with her while you're there anyways?" she questions. i immediately furrow my eyebrows as the words spill out of her mouth.

"you don't trust me enough to know i won't cheat? thats ridiculous madison." i scoff as i move her to the side and grab all of my shirts.

"no, thats not what im saying. but i remember what happened when she was here." she says. i turn to look at her with confusion on my face. "when you tried to kiss her?"

i roll my eyes at her. she still has no idea that luna and i were sleeping together while she was over here, and i don't plan on her finding out.

"get over yourself madison, that was over a year ago." i say to her, wanting this conversation to just be over with already.

she stays silent as she finally realizes that there is nothing she can say that will stop me from going to see luna.

madison definitely hasn't gotten over the whole situation and she probably never will. but even if i could go back and change something, i wouldn't.

i look at my alarm clock and see that its almost time for me to leave for the airport. "are you still taking me to the airport, or do i have to call johnson?"

she huffs at my question. "fine, ill take you."

"thank you. now thats how you should've handled this whole situation."

lunas pov

i pull the dark brown apron off of my waste as i finish up my shift at the coffee shop. i then walk into the back to grab all of my things so i can head home.

since i was closing tonight, i was the only one here. i don't mind staying this late because its not very busy at night.

when i first got this job, i was terrified to be here alone at night. but as they started putting me on night shift more and more, it started to grow on me; kind of like jack.

i smile at the thought of jack. i miss seeing him every day, i just don't miss seeing him with madison. thank god she isn't coming over here with him.

just as i grab my things, i hear the bell ring in the front indicating someone had just entered. "sorry we're closed." i say as i look down at the notifications on my phone. seeing some messages from jack, again, causing me to smile.

"you wouldn't reconsider just for me?" i hear a male voice ask. this makes me completely forget about jack as i immediately look up from my phone and gasp.

"danny?" i squeal as i furrow my eyebrows and walk over to him. i soon engulf him into a huge hug. "oh my, when did you get back?"

"earlier today, i went to go see my family and settle back into my house." he explains as i stare at him in awe. "they were just as surprised to see me."

danny and i went to grade school together. rosa, him and i have been close for as long as i can remember. he's three years older than us, and when he graduated he went away to college and we haven't seen him since.

he definitely was always one for surprises, all the time, so this doesn't shock me at all.

"tell me all about college. how was it? are there any lucky ladies? how is your family? why didn't you tell me you were coming home?" i start flooding him with a million questions wanting to know everything.

"woah, slow down little lady. i can only take so many questions at one time." he jokes as we both chuckle.

"start from the beginning."

[vote, comment, share]

ugh, i honestly don't really like this story but you guys keep me going so i want to continue it for you guys.

i just don't know if i like the way its going, and i know i definitely didn't like the first book.

but let me know what you guys think about it already and if you have any ideas then definitely be sure to let me know.