♢Mad Love|The Past♢

//Chapter 6: The Past//

♧♡

"Shalnark, get me a first aid kit!" Chrollo hollered to the floor beneath.

Within seconds, a 'swoosh swoosh' sound was heard, and the blonde-green head appeared on the window. He took a second to process everything that was happening in the room, and handed Chrollo the white box with a red cross on it before leaving.

As Chrollo disinfects your wounds, you replayed everything that has happened so far.

"So it seems you two know something. Mind sharing the story?" You asked.

It was all a little frustrating. The two men in front of you knew something that you didn't and it has something to do with you. But they looked at with you such tender and sad expressions, and they were treating you with care, now anyway.

It made you lower your guard completely around them. It's crazy. You couldn't understand. These strangers, what do they have to do with you?

Why do you feel almost as if.. you were at home? But what home? Surely not the home you live in, it's always empty and you live alone, but sitting here around them for the past hour gave off a home feeling that ached your heart, and at the same time gave so much comfort.

Chrollo started wrapping bandages on your leg wounds from being thrashed around.

"To be honest with you, I don't even fully understand the situation. This whole time we thought you were dead." Chrollo said.

"What are you talking about... why would I be dead?" You asked in confusion. Nothing sounded familiar so far.

Hisoka sat on the floor, back against the wall with one leg out and the other arched like a triangle. His arm rested on the 'triangle'.

He didn't talk at all, but he listened. He looked like he was concentrating hard, only focused on the conversation.

"You died in a fire that ignited in your father's mansion. That's what we were told. They even had a funeral for you." Chrollo began.

Father? You thought. I don't know anything about my father...

"Every year since you were three, you would come to your father's mansion for one month as a vacation. Your family was rich since they owned a very well known company. His mansion was huge, however there were no schools in that area and your grandmother considered home schooling you but your father was worried you would be lonely since there was no one your age there. So your father stayed and lived in the mansion to do work, and you and your grandparents stayed 300 miles away so you could go to school and make friends. Every year that you came, we would always play. Hisoka and I met in a place called Meteor City which wasn't very far from your father's mansion. We would always hang around in your big garden or go to a nearby forest or lake. But then one year, when Hisoka and I were both eleven, someone who was against your father set fire to the area. We panicked and rushed over but everything was burnt and they told us everybody died. Hisoka and I went separate ways and I formed this Troupe with the founding members Machi, Pakunoda, Nobunoga, Feitan, Phinks, Franklin, Shalnark, and Uvogin using the spider necklace we gave you as inspiration. Then there were other members including a doll maker Omokage, who was replaced when Hisoka defeated him some years later. And now you follow Uvogin and Nobunaga because of your curiosity, appearing all of the sudden in front of us, alive, with no memories of us." Chrollo explained.

He looked at you with eyes that showered his look with love and pain and he gave you a smile of relief.

"I'm so glad. You are alive..." He whispered so softly, that you almost didn't hear.

While listening, you felt as if your heart was only one piece of a puzzle all along. But now a few pieces were coming together.

But not a lot. Not enough.

You didn't notice but you were crying. Tears, they were slowly crawling down your face, leaving a wet trial every second.

When you finally noticed your tears, you quickly wiped them away, but they were quickly replaced by new tears.

"This is all so frustrating.. all of it. I don't understand. I don't remember. Why? It's so, so frustrating. I hate this. I want to remember. I feel like I know you two and from what you explained I do, but I just can't remember. I'm sorry, I'm willing to befriend you guys but we won't be able to have our past relationship. I don't remember you two at all. Why? Why? Why? After you explained, I felt like something big was stitched back to my heart. What is happening why were you told I was dead? Why can't I remember? How did i manage to survive? I want to know... Chrollo, it's really frustrating!" You sobbed. Your words were hard to make out through your crying but Chrollo seemed to understand. Each time you asked a question, you gently pounded your fist into his chest.

After all, you have a grasp of something, but that feeling when you don't have the grasp of everything is terrible. You want to be able to hug Chrollo and Hisoka and be with them like you used to before but you just can't remember.

In your mind they appeared to be strangers.

But in your heart, it felt like the two were a small boat that drifted away from your island, but it's finally in sight again. But still far, and out of reach.

Without thinking, you threw your arms around his waist and you buried your head into his vest-robe thing. And cried. And sobbed. And balled your eyes out.

Everything was silent.

When you finally stopped crying, Chrollo pat your back several times to comfort you.

The silence was broken all of the sudden....

"Chrollo. I have a request. I want your consent to invite Y/N to join the troupe."