Chapter Eight - A Little Sentimentality

at his sides. Colonello's hands framed his face, lips moving gently against his own, a tongue swiping across the seam. Colonello's eyes were open, staring at something over Tsuna's shoulder with intensity. It made Tsuna shudder in anticipation.

Colonello dropped a hand to Tsuna's new contract, his own, and let his fingers knead the new, still sensitive seal. Tsuna couldn't help but whimper, back arching wantonly and Colonello used the advantage of that noise to lick softly into Tsuna's mouth, lapping at the roof of the brunet's mouth and running his tongue against Tsuna's teeth.

Tsuna swayed briefly and Colonello's other hand dropped from Tsuna's face to curl around a hip bone, his other hand sliding up from the seal to fist in Tsuna's unruly hair, tilting his head just so to better slant their mouths together. Then the warmth in front of Tsuna was torn away abruptly and he blearily blinked his eyes open, wondering when he had closed them.

Reborn held Colonello tightly by the collar of his over shirt and dragged him towards the door in harsh, jerky movements. Tsuna watched, still a little dazed, as they left the room and allowed Verde to guide him to the bed so he could sit down before his legs gave out.

"The creation of a contract is staggering, is it not?" Verde asked, tone almost sympathetic. "You seemed just as stunned as you were when our contract was made."

"It…It's the feel of the Aether." Tsuna wrinkled his nose, hand briefly lifting to touch his mouth. "It's an amazing feeling. Warm and soothing. Overwhelming…Where did Reborn take him?"

"Presumably outside, in order to have a 'talk' with him without damaging your room again."

It took a few long moments for Verde's words to fully sink in and then Tsuna struggled to his feet.

"No. No, no. They are not fighting over me. Not again. I won't allow it. They're acting like little kids and it's not only stupid, but they're just embarrassing themselves. Honestly, if they keep this up, you're going to be my favourite, Verde."

"I don't see that outcome as unfavourable, Tsuna. I wouldn't mind becoming your favourite," Verde offered in reply. Tsuna just sighed, giving him a wan smile.

"You cause the least amount of trouble and haven't even tried to kiss me yet. I think you're already my favourite. But regardless, I'm going to stop them from fighting before someone sees and calls a teacher. Or the police…" Tsuna walked towards the door, letting Verde accompany him with a hand on his elbow to keep him steady and upright.

"You're very impressionable after contracting. I haven't seen someone so sensitive to Aether before," Verde told him as they walked down the stairs, heading for the front door of the building.

"I've been able to see demons and little extra features about people for as long as I can remember," Tsuna hesitantly admitted, peering up at Verde from under his lashes. "I didn't go about admitting it after the first few times got me into trouble. People tend to tell me I'm being ridiculous, or in the teachers' case, tell me to stop seeking attention. Besides, it's on my record that I have a vision wound so my ability to see demons is normal."

"Being able to see my external features isn't normal, Tsuna," Verde murmured. The hand on the brunet's elbow moved almost automatically to his shoulder, rubbing at the tight ache that started to form.

"Yeah, well, I like to think I'm normal sometimes. It's better than the alternative." Tsuna leaned into Verde's touch, groaning happily as the tightness eased a little. "I mean, who wants to think of themselves as a freak of nature? Moreover, I only started seeing the extra little things you lot were hiding today. That doesn't normally happen."

"You have a gift that should be cherished, Tsuna. You shouldn't have to feel secluded or isolated just because others don't understand."

"Look, Verde, I came out here to stop Reborn and Colonello from turning my school into a crater, not to get a lecture about what I should and shouldn't do with this…this thing I have. Being able to see things I shouldn't, even if I am a Summoner, it's something I'd rather have brushed under the rug and forgotten."