(46) Place

HI CRAZEEPS!

How's it going?

Thank you for everything peeps!

Enjoy 😊

~-~

Proposing someone to be your wife must be nervous. Arguing to yourself to where and when you'd be doing it is probably stressful.

You'd probably want to do it in a place where it's so romantic. To a time where it could be marked as memorable. That it must be perfect.

But staring at Charlie; who is still in the driver's seat and me riding in shotgun, inside the car and in the middle of nowhere... well, damn.

"Excuse me?" I asked slowly, "A-are you serious?"

He pouted with a frown, "I was supposed to be doing this next week, but mom decided to blurt it."

Then he suddenly walked outside the car, making me raise an eyebrow and watch as he walks towards my side and opens the door, "So I decided to do it right now."

He offered his hand and I gladly took it with a smile. "What are you talking about?"

"I really am sorry for not doing this the right way, but I believe that this is the perfect way on doing this." He pulled me towards him and he covered my eyes with his hands.

"Hold up," I frowned, "Are you planning to kill me? Cause if you'll do, I just wanna know why..."

I heard him chuckle as he led me somewhere. "No Vanch, I'm not going to kill you."

"Then where are we going?" I asked, before realization dawn down on me, "Are you taking me to..."

"Yes."

"... a place where you'd kill me?!"

"Wha-? No!" I heard him laugh, "Vanchel, what?"

I smiled sheepishly, "Then where are you taking me?"

"Here."

And with that, he dropped his hands and I gasped as I saw very beautiful scenery...

This place was the place where I and Charlie used to hide when we were kids. Where we usually watch the sunset go down and talk about ourselves when we were kids. This was my favorite place since well, this is the spot where Charlie reveals all his secrets.

But... 15 years ago, someone bought this place, making it someone else's property and making it private property, so we were forced to stop going here...

Charlie grabbed something from his right pocket and took out a tiny red box.

And I'm betting with all my money that I know what's inside that tiny box.

He went down on his knees and opened the red box, showing a very beautiful ring. "Vanchel Ammarati, will you marry me?"

Instead of saying my answer, I raised an eyebrow and asked, "Wait, no sappy essay? Really Charlie?"

His eyes widened and fear flashed in it, "I didn't want to start our new relationship with sappy and memorized words... I'm sorry..."

Awww!

"Well, in that case-" I bent down with a frown, making him widen his eyes in worry.

I whispered with a smile, "Yes."

His eyes widened and he immediately hugged me tightly and started screaming, "Yes! SHE SAID YES!"

I laughed before the fact dawn down on me again. "Charlie..." I muttered, "We gotta go, we're not allowed here." I frowned at him.

"Vanchel-"

"No." I sighed, "I get it, we love this place, but you also got to understand that this is private property-"

"Owned by me."

"And-" I paused, "Wait, what?"

"I bought this place." He smiled, "To be honest, I was supposed to propose here next week. See?" He pointed somewhere beside me and I looked at it. I'm quite shocked to see some materials lying on the bushes with paint cans and some red strings.

"Wha-?" I gasped, "Wait, you were bringing the ring the whole time? I thought you were planning to propose to me next week?"

"Vanch, Chloe's my mother." He smiled sheepishly, "I had a feeling that something like this would happen."

I laughed, "True."

He rubbed the side of his head nervously and looked down sadly. "If mom didn't spoil it earlier, this could've been more romantic. Perfect."

"This is perfect." I grinned and pinched his cheeks, "I love you, Charlie Langston... and this proposal of yours is perfect."

He grinned and went closer, "And why is it perfect, soon to be Mrs. Langston?"

"Because you're here." I grinned back and wrapped my arms around his neck, "Because I'm going to be a Langston soon."

"I love you more." And he ended his statement with a kiss.

And this is why this place is so memorable.