Baby,

I didn't realise how lucky I was to have you. If you give me one more chance, I'll be better. That Harry guy doesn't know you like I do. Please forgive me and we can forget about him. I love you and you know you love me too.

Me

Biting my lip, I re-read the text, thinking it through. It's still a pretty self-centered text, but it's an improvement. I wonder to myself if it actually is possible for Adam to be a good person. Would he actually make an effort? Does he actually miss me? Why did he - my thoughts are unexpectedly interrupted when my phone is plucked out of my fingers.

I whip my head around in a panic to find that Harry has been reading over my shoulder. Before I can utter a single word, Harry sets aside my phone and starts speaking.

"Taylor, you can't let pathetic texts like that get to you. This man has been rude, like, REALLY rude to everyone, including you, for months. He doesn't love y- anyone. He's a horrible person. Come on, Taylor, you wanted to be rid of him for so long, and now you finally are. You finally don't have to deal with him anymore. Please don't let one, untrue text sway your mind. Plus, you're my girl now, and I'm not letting you go! Alright?"

I try not to look Harry in the eyes. As he speaks, I realise more and more by the word that everything he says is the truth. By the time his speech is over, there's a small smile on my face and I feel a hundred times better. Harry stops talking and pants, looking at me expectantly. I can't help but grin.

"Oh, Harry, how is it that you always know the right thing to say?"

I throw my arms around his neck and plant an adoring kiss on his cheek. He seems so relieved that I reacted well, and lies down across the black couch, pulling me to lie next to him, but my mind is still whirring.

Harry:

As I lie on the couch with the smell of Taylor in my nose (sort of a pleasant mix between cookies, cat hair, Chanel perfumes and daisies), I smile to myself. I am so glad Taylor agreed with everything I said. This means Calvin is completely out of the picture. With this pleasant thought in my mind, I close my eyes and drift off into sleep to the sound of the 'Friends' theme song.

Taylor:

A loud, rhythmic knock on the door (Harry has a doorbell, doesn't he?) interrupts mine and Harry's peaceful cuddling just as I'm opening a Diet Coke and a new episode is starting.

Squeezing my eyes shut, I try to control the person on the other side of the door and make them evaporate. But of course, they don't leave, and the aggravating knocking continues. After a couple minutes of intense knocking, I sigh, turn off the TV, and shake Harry awake. As I watch his sleepy eyes meander open, I wonder who could be at the door. I think about the only other time somebody has knocked at this door in the past month. As the sudden realisation hits me, my eyes spring wide open.

"Oh. No."

I whisper, and race towards the door, ignoring Harry laughing and calling after me. As I near the door and can see through the glass window, I see that my repellent forecast was correct. I press my back against the door, slide down until I'm sitting on the ground, and mouth one word to Harry.

"Kendall."

Harry's carefree expression melts away and is replaced by pure terror. When the knocking gets so loud and unbearable that the whole house vibrates, a sudden, uncertain idea springs into my head.

"Go. Hide. In. The. Closet."

I mouth slowly to Harry. Without even questioning my intentions, he leaps up the stairs. When I hear the closet door shut, I put on my most brightest, most obliging and neighbourly-fake smile and swing open the door. I see a fuming, red-faced Kendall looking at me.

When she sees me, she almost tumbles backwards off the steps leading up to the front door and stands there pointing at me, gaping like a slow-witted goldfish.

"Oh, hi Kendall! It's been ages since I've seen you! How nice of you to stop by! Would you like to come in for coffee?"

I keep grinning at her as she stares back at me. After a few silent seconds, she manages to piece together a sentence,

"Tay - Har - But - WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING HERE? Where. Is. HARRY?!"

I act taken aback by her outburst, then tilt my head to the side, supposedly confused.

"Harry? Oh- didn't you hear? Harry moved. I live here now! Sorry, but you've got the wrong address!"

I smile at her, then step back and slam the door shut. Almost immediately after it closes, Harry comes running excitedly down the stairs, laughing like a little kid. When he reaches me, he picks me up in his arms and spins me around, our laughs mixing in the air.

Harry:

I didn't think Taylor was the sort of person to do something like that, and it was incredible seeing it for the first time. I had to bite my tongue to keep myself from laughing as I sat in the spacious closet listening to her.

Now we lie on the couch, exactly like we were before Kendall showed up. Our conversation about crisp brands is rudely interrupted by my phone notifying me that I have a text. I pick up my phone and read the text, which is from Kendall and sprinkled with typos. It says:

soo I went to ur huse today and Tayloe Siwft answerd th door sayin u moved and she lievd theyir now. I donut beleve that for a sucend.

I show Taylor the text and she giggles, saying she wants to reply. Before I can object, she grabs my phone and types out a quick message, before handing it back to me. Taylor replied to Kendall with:

Yup, Taylor was right. I moved to Germany on Wednesday. Btw she's much prettier than you.

Shaking with laughter, I pull Taylor's body closer to my own and she falls asleep there on the couch, the TV still blaring.

After a couple of minutes, I remember the medicine I'm supposed to be taking, and manage to prise Taylor off of my shoulder, and sneak my way through the the darkness, no accidents involving the glass table this time, and find the kitchen.

Thankfully, I manage to find the bottle and my trusty teaspoon pretty quickly, and I gulp down the medicine loudly. Taylor's faint snoring guides me back to the couch safely, and I snuggle in beside her, closing my eyes and falling asleep instantly.

* * *