Chapter 27 | Pure Confessions

Start from the beginning

"The same as last time... Bad food and stuff... I swear I'd rather eat my socks if I even had any." Jared muttered to himself, staring down at his bare feet pressed onto the grass with a helpless expression on his face as he shrugged.

I laughed softly, as I wrapped an arm around my brother. "You friends with Abigail?" I asked curiously. A sheepish smile crossed his face as he nodded, making me shake my head jokingly.

We then sat there in silence, the only sounds coming from the crackling flames. After waiting a while, the bodies had become nothing but ash. Quickly dismantling the structure, I threw some leaves over the ash, hiding it from sight.

"Ready to go?" Jared asked me, throwing me a smile. I nodded back, before fishing out my phone, dialing for a taxi before we set off for the hospital...

***
Stopping at the drop-off point, Jared and I quickly paid the fare before I ran to the reception anxiously. Panting heavily, my words came out slurred as I asked the receptionist for the room Adam was in. She arched an eyebrow at me, probably unimpressed at my sweaty self before keying something into her computer. Lifting her glasses as she peered at the screen, her eyebrows knotted in focus before she replied with a tinge of French tone, "Room 155, level 2".

Thanking her profusely, I quickly ran towards the lift, taking in the white walls, white beds, white floors and white lifts, as if signaling the boredom of the patients in the hospital. The horrible scent of hospital equipments filled my nose, causing them to twitch uncomfortably.

Tapping my feet impatiently on the floor, I pressed the lift button a few more times anxiously. Wringing my hands, I silently prayed that Adam was okay. The lift finally arrived as I flew in, dragging Jared by the arm. Smashing the level 2 button, the lift slowly went up, making me pace around the lift nervously.

Once the lift doors opened, I grabbed Jared and pulled him along, glancing at the signs for room 155. After scanning the signs a few times, I quickly headed for the right aisle. As we stopped outside room 155, a nurse just stepped out. Worried look on her face she said,"The guy inside is in critical condition, value his last moments."

No way....

Desperate, I barged into the room with force, only to reveal Adam lying on the bed, bandages around his shoulder and some other parts of his body. A soft whimper escaped from my lips as I ran towards the bed, letting tears roll down my cheeks.

Sobbing softly at the side of the bed, I winced, "Damn it Adam! Please be okay! I will blame you if you just leave me behind just like that." I whimpered, before continuing, "I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to sound mean... But damnit, you're not just dying like that okay? Please be okay."

I sobbed silently at the side of his bed, using the back of my hand to wipe of the tears. "Agh, I still haven't told you I kind of liked you yet!" I bit my lip as I felt more tears form in my eyes.

"Emma-" A voice from behind said, recognizing it as Abigail's voice.

"No!" I replied before I continued sobbing, burying my head in my hands. "I still have many things I wanna do with you! I wanna travel the world with you. I wanna spend more time with you. I wanna-"

"Emma, you might seriously want to consider sh-" The voice behind interrupted again.

Slightly annoyed, I ignored the voice as I winced,"I I still haven't -" 

"EMMA YOU BETTER SHUT UP IF YOU DON'T WANNA EMBARRASS YOURSELF!" The voice behind me became louder, making me look up from crying, stunned.

"Oh... My... Lord..." I muttered to myself, mentally punching myself to ensure I wasn't dreaming.

Sitting on the bed before me was the person who was previously in 'critical condition'. An amused look flooded his face, making my face burn.

"Wow... I didn't know you liked me that much." The guy smirked, arching his eyebrow at me.

Adam.

***
C l i f f h a n g e r 😉

Hope you had a good laugh at the ending part😂😂

Please remember to VOTE & COMMENT :)

***
A random post I saw on Insta and found it not bad😂😂

***A random post I saw on Insta and found it not bad😂😂

***