Joy raised an eyebrow as her eyes surveyed Jade's soiled clothes. The girl in front of her didn't look like the vibrant young Jade she knew back then. Her face was tired. And a fresh batch of scratches covered her arms up to her neck. Joy almost felt a wave of pity for the poor thing.

"You are all going to die if you keep me here." Jade blurted out which prompted the latter to  snap out of trance.

Joy grinned to provoke the captive even more. "Careful Jade, I have her."  

It worked.

"What have you done with her?" Anger flashed across Jade's brown eyes.

The officer slowly walked towards her and kneeled down to meet the former's smoldering gaze.

"You want to see her? You want to be with your Althea?"

"If you harm her Joy, I swear --"

"Save the empty threats, Jade. I hold all the cards in this game so you better do what I say!  And to answer your question, of course I made sure Althea's warm and snug where she is.." 

"I want to see her." Jade demanded in a dangerous tone. She tried to wriggle free but she was tightly bound to the chair.

"Not unless you give me the necklace, and show me how to use it!" Joy responded sternly and motioned her soldiers to stop Jade from squirming. One of the men held Jade by the shoulders as the other one stood in front of her.

Jade stiffened as she felt a slap stung her cheek. Joy nodded and the soldiers went back to their posts.

"Stop squirming. Althea's counting on you! What's your answer?" The officer spoke in a cold tone. Jade met Joy's eyes. The former gazed at the latter pleadingly.

"Then you'll let her go?"  

"Yes, I'll let her go. But you'll stay here in exchange for her freedom."

The mysterious girl closed her eyes. She remembered the night she escaped from the hospital to see Althea. Her friend "She " warned her that the nursing assistant will deliver her back to her captors. She was stubborn but "She" was right after all.

Jade nodded reluctantly. She knew this day would come.

"You will not harm Althea. You will let her go and your soldiers will leave her alone. You will keep her safe." 

Joy smirked, pleased with Jade's answer. Everything is falling into place as planned. They will win the war with the necklace. Not to mention Grace's death will not be in vain and Jade will be out of the picture.

Althea will be me mine.

Joy ordered her soldiers to untie Jade.

The ground was slippery as it was raining. It was a short walk and the guards immediately let them in when they saw Joy with the captive. Migoy was still inside the tent as ordered. But this time, a tall officer stood beside him. Joy saluted the man in uniform upon entering the room. 

The officer winked at Jade which made latter tremble in fear. 

"Sir! The subject is here." Joy declared with pride in her eyes.  

"Well done Captain! You caught Jade and ridded her protector. Now, give me the necklace."

Jade froze upon hearing his words.

Ridded?.. Althea can't be dead, she can't be!

Suddenly, the tall officer was in front of her. He flashed a wide smile at Jade which made the girl sick.