Surprise

The Tree House. Decemeber 25. 7:00 a.m.

**Althea's POV**

------------------------------------------------------------------

The sun rose with our bodies touching beneath disheveled sheets of white. I woke up with Jade tangled up beside me. I don't even remember how we ended up in my room, all I know is that we made love all night and we never left each other's side.

My eyes softened as I watch my Lubb softly breath in her slumber. She looked so peaceful with her head snuggled against my neck and her arm around my waist. 

The rush I feel waking up beside her is even better than the Xenatin Joy gave me to stop my heartbeat. I feel so happy even though my body's sore all over. 

In my eyes, Jade looked even more beautiful in the morning. With her tousled hair and pinkish cheeks, her long lashes and those red lips..

 Ugh! Here I go again, wanting to touch her..

 I caressed her hair and traced her lovely face with my fingertips. 

She moved.

"Althea.. don't go yet.." she whispered and held me tigher.

 I smiled.  

"I'll try to sneak out in the afternoon, Lubb." I lied and kissed her forehead.

Jade didn't reply and went back to slumber. My Lubb was spent. She didn't even budge when I unlatched her arm around my waist and covered her nudeness with my blanket. 

It's Christmas morning and I want to surprise Jade this time. I'm planning to extend our special time together, at least before I go back to Camp. 

I put on some clothes and went to the kitchen to prepare our breakfast. 

Lets see.. what do we have here?

I scanned the pantry for food. 

We have...

 a bag of oats.. a jar of pickles.... more oats.. and..

I noticed something at the far end of the shelf. It was a small piece of paper, sticking to a can of sardines. Something tells me to just leave it there, that it's none of my business and I should take the sardines and go. But the paper fell to the floor when I lifted the can from the shelf.

I picked up the paper and my curious eyes did their duty.

 It wrote:

Leave her to me.

                               Z

My heart skipped. 

                              Z?..

Jade knows something I don't. Not that I need to know every detail in her mind 'cause I understand there are things you only keep to yourself, but something tells me this matter concerns me.

I prepared our meal with a troubled mind. Inspite of my worries, I was able to to make a pretty decent breakfast. I plated cherry tomatoes from the orchard around a serving of spannish sardines. Of course there's old reliable oatmeal, which never fails to give us the energy we need for the day. I sliced some dried fruits and sprinkled it on top to add some color over its pasty appearance. 

Finally, I made improvised tea.

 Jade is going to love this..

I added some mint leaves with ginger in boiling water to give it that organic "tea-ish" taste. I smiled and commended myself for my creativity.