Chapter 3

After the movie, which was amazing by the way, we end up going to our usual hangout stop, Topanga's.

Riley and I have a conversation amongst ourselves while the boys talk about Harley Quinn.

I have to admit she did look hot asf and she's was a total badass but they won't shut up about her.

"So maya.. we start 12th grade tomorrow! We're finally going to be kings again! How excited are you?"

I pull my eyes away from Josh. "What? Oh yea I'm excited. Yay, Kings."

She groans and rolls her eyes. "Quick drooling over my uncle and pay attention to me." She laughs.

"I'm not drooling over your uncle." I chuckle nervously.

She tilts her head and raises her eyebrows. "Really maya? Then what do you call staring at him with so much concentration?" She asks with amusement in her voice.

"Look at him! How can you not look at him?" I say it a bit too loud and they boys stop talking.

"Look at who maya?" Josh asks. I look over to Riley for help but I see her trying not to laugh. Riley!!

"Uh... Uh.. Duh how can you not look at that guy?" I point to a man sitting past them.

Bad choice Maya. He looks like he's 30 and he is not cute at all. They both over to him.

He has a scruffy beard, his hair looks greasy, he has glasses on. The clothes he's wearing are baggy as hell.

Josh turns his head towards me with confusion. "Interesting choice in men Maya." He tried to hold in his laugh but can't and bursts out laughing. Everyone else joins in, even Riley.

"Yea yea laugh it up." Riley slightly hits my arm. "You shut it."

Once they all come down from their laughing session, Farkle stands up.

"I have to go home now, I'll see you guys tomorrow."

"Bye Farkle." He bends down to hug me. I hug him back. I pull him a little close cause he actually smells really good.

Wait I just realized how creepy that sounded...

"Bye." The rest say and he leaves. "I'll be going too, I'll see you guys tomorrow."

Lucas gets up. "Want me to walk you home?" Riley stands up.

"Awe how sweet is my Riley?" He wraps his arms around her waist and kisses her. They go at it for a few seconds.

"Um, hello get a room." I say jokingly. "What? No. be quiet Maya. No, do not get a room."

They both chuckle and he lets go of her before grabbing onto her hand.

"Bye Maya, bye Josh." Riley says before they both walk out together.

I sit there, swinging my foot lightly. Looking away from Josh. "So.." I say quietly. "So.." He says back.

"Yea." We both just sit in silence for a minute. I feel him looking at me for a few seconds but then pulls away.

Well this is awkward. "Should we walk home now?" I ask him. "I have a car here, remember?" I nod my head.

"I can drive you home if you'd like." I look up at him. "Yea sure, that'll be nice."

We both get up and head for his car. "So. Farkle." He says. What?

"What about Farkle..?" He shrugs. "I don't know, I mean. Are you two a thing?" He asks me.

"What? No?" He bites his lip. So goddamn sexy. "Oh so you like him but he doesn't know."

Wait hold up, what? I do not like Farkle. "Why would you think I like Farkle?"

"They way you hugged him and he twirled you around at the movies. How you held him close when you hugged him just now. Oh and you kept looking at him in there."

Okay Josh damn I like you not him how are you not getting that. If only I can actually say that to him.

"I don't like him-" he cuts me off. "It's fine, your secrets safe with me."

I'm going to pull this boys weave off. Okay just keep it cool. "No I'm serious I don't like Farkle. I'm surprised you think I do. Trust me if I did we'd be dating. He loves me and Riley."

He scrunches his eyebrows and looks at me. "Riley?" He asks. "Yes, but it's complicated. Riley's had feelings for him before while she and Lucas were a complicated mess. She wouldn't tell me but I just knew."

He nods his head. "Okay so you don't like him?" He asks once again. "No I don't." I laugh. He lets out a sigh. Sigh or relief?

He drives me home and I go up to my room and immediately text the group chat.

Maya: Okay guys by now it's no secret that I like Josh.

Riley: Not a secret at all.

Lucas: It's obvious honestly but I don't think he knows. Idk how.

Farkle: You like Josh?

Riley: Are you serious right now Farkle?

Lucas: And you're the genius of the group.

Farkle: Okay damn calm down. So why are you telling us this Maya?

Maya: Because, Farkle, I need you guys to help me with him. The boys, talk me up, Riley, teach me how to flirt.

Riley: Maya you are not going to be my aunt.

Lucas: I'll talk you up.

Riley: Lucas!

Lucas: Sorry Riley! She rarely likes anyone and I feel like we should help her out.

Riley: Fine. I'll.. teach you how to flirt.

Maya: Thank you! Farkle, are you in?

Farkle: I think Riley's right, you shouldn't be her aunt.

Maya: Farkle!

Farkle: Fine, I'll talk you up.

Maya: Thank you! Okay guys I'm going to take a shower. Byeee.

Farkle: bye.

Riley: bye peaches.

Lucas: bye Maya.

I turn my phone off and get ready to take a shower. I hope Josh likes me back.