Chapter 2

"Hey Riles, what are we doing today?" I ask as I climb in through her window and sit down next to her.

She looks up from her laptop and faces me. "We are going to see the new movie, suicide squad."

She faces her laptop towards me and presses play.

Ooh this movie seems pretty good. "What time are we seeing it?" She puts her laptop in front of her and types in something.

"We can either go to the one at 4:30 or 7:20." She suggests.

I think about for a second. If we go to the one at 4:30, we can invite farkle and Lucas. If we go to the 7:20 one, Farkle can't come cause he has to go to a banquet thing with his parents at 8.

So definitely the one at 4:30 cause we haven't seen Farkle since the beginning of summer before he left for his trip to Miami, Florida.

I've missed having him around, he's so important to our group.

"Let's go to the 4:30 one, I'll text Lucas and farkle to see if they want to come."

I take out my phone and text the group.

Maya: Riles and I are watching suicide squad at 4:30, you guys wanna come?

Farkle: Sure but I'm going home after that, I can't hang out.

Lucas: Yea I'll come too, but only because my princess is going 😉

Riley: Oh Lucas ❤️

Farkle: Can you stop being all lovey in the group chat?

Maya: right?? ^

Lucas: Whatever, I'll be at the movies at 4:15... princess.

Farkle: Oh my god. ^ but anyways I'll be there at 4:15 too.

I turn my phone off and put it back in my pocket.

"Okay so what are we doing till then? We have like 3 hours to kill." She tilts her head.

"Hmm, I don't know. Oh, I forgot. We should invite Josh."

Just then Josh walks past our room. He stops once he hears his name.

"Invite Josh where?" He pops his head through the door.

"Would you like to come to the movies with us at 4:30 to watch suicide squad?" He thinks about it for a second.

"Who else is coming?" He asks. "Farkle and Lucas." His eyebrows tie together.

"Farkle? Lucas..?" He trails off.

"Farkles our friend and Lucas is my boyfriend." She mutters boyfriend.

"You're what?" He tilts his head. "Shut up I know you heard me." She laughs.

"Awe, Riley's got a boyfriend." He teases.

"Yes or no?" She says loudly.

"Yes I would love to go. Maya, can I talk to you for a quick second?"

I suddenly get really nervous as I get up and follow him out of the room.

Why am I nervous?? Because a hot boy says he wants to talk to you, that's why.