Chapter 1

Riley and I sit on the couch and watch our favorite show, red planet diaries, like we do every Friday.

This episode is the one where the big secret is finally revealed to her family. We've been waiting 2 weeks for this.

"Riley, josh is gonna be here any minute so I'm leaving the door unlocked." Her father calls out.

I don't remember josh honestly. I think I saw him once when I was like 5 but I forgot how he looked like completely.

For all I know he could be ugly or weird looking. I mean it doesn't matter honestly, he's apart of Riley's family so I'd love him either way.

"Yea sure whatever." She says not even paying attention.

"Remember, when he gets here we're gonna have to turn this off and help him unpack." I groan and put my head back.

"Do we have to riles? We've been waiting two weeks for this." I whine.

"Yes we have to. It's coming on again tomorrow, we'll see it then." She sternly says and I sigh.

Just then the theme song comes on and we look at each other with wide smiles.

"Out here in space. I kiss your green face, but it feels like we're light years away."

We sing along to the theme song and she wraps her arm around my shoulder.

All of a sudden, we hear a slam and we look over to the door. There we see a boy standing there with suitcases and a smile on his face.

"Well, you two make quite the duo." He grins. "Uncle Josh!" Auggie yells from the other side of the room and runs up to him. "Auggie!" He yells and opens his arms.

Th- that's uncle josh? Woah. "Uncle josh, you remember maya." Riley gestures.

He puts Auggie down on the couch and stands in front of me.

"Yea. Hey maya." He smirks. Oh. "Hey." I smile. We both just look at each other for a moment.

"Anyways" Riley starts and we both look at her. "Follow me josh, I'll show you to your room."

She grabs one of the suitcases and we all help. "I can't believe you're staying here for 4 years!" Auggie cheers.

F- four years?? Oh my god oh my god, don't freak out.

"Yea, it's gonna be fun." He messes up Auggies hair. He quickly puts his hands up to his hair and fixes it. Auggies so adorable.

"Here you go Josh." Riley opens his door. "Thank you Riley." He steps into his room that already has a bed, a dresser, a tv, and a computer.

We all place his suitcases on the middle of his floor as he sits down on his bed.

His eyes scan the room. "Thanks guys, you don't have to help me unpack by the way." He says.

"Yay, now let's go watch red planet diaries." I attempt to pull Riley but she pulls me back instead.

"No, we are helping him unpack." She says. I groan lowly and walk over to one of his suitcases.